Salary £22,000 - £25,000 per annumFULL_TIME
Consultant Robert McShane
Date posted 08 November 2018 2018-11-082019-01-07 accountancy UK
An exciting opportunity for an AAT qualified Assistant Accountant has just become available at a recognised business based in Central Birmingham. This role offers an excellent opportunity for someone ready to make the next step in their career and future progression.
About the Assistant Accountant role:
In this role, you will maintain the General Ledger, help produce monthly management accounts suitable for onward transmission to Head Office, maintain separate company accounts system, provide support to the other members of the Finance Department and to provide support to the Director of Finance.
You will have experience of month end reporting, Forecasting, Cash Management and Credit Control Management.
Key responsibilities of the Assistant Accountant
• Responsible for preparation of journals and subsequent approval
• Liaising with HCAI and HTE staff on preparing Monthly Management Reporting pack.
• Balance sheet reconciliations to a high internal control
• Responsible for cash book reconciliation
• Maintaining and updating Fixed Asset Register.
• Preparation of quarterly VAT returns
• Preparation of year end reconciliations
• Assisting sales ledger team in relation to the month end cycle
• Assisting with accounts payable clerk in relation to the month end cycle, AP accruals, Aged creditor review.
• Reconciling foreign exchange differences for US/Euro accounts.
• Petty Cash Control
• Liaising with all departments to ensure production of effective monthly forecasts of income and expenditure.
About you as the Assistant Accountant:
• AAT qualified starting/started CIMA/ACCA
• knowledge of double entry
• An eye for detail
• Organisation Skills
• Planning Skills
• Analytical Skills
• Focus on Results
• Problem Solving
• Customer Service Skills
• Communication Skills
• Team Skills
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this role has great career progression opportunities waiting for the right person in this exciting Assistant Accountant job.
Apply today or call to find out more.