Salary £30,000 - £35,000 per annumFULL_TIME
Consultant Robert McShane
Date posted 16 October 2018 2018-10-162018-12-15 accountancy UK
A rarely available Management Accountant role has just become available at a leading business based in Castle Bromwich. Reporting directly into the Finance Manager, this role offers outstanding career progression and is an ideal move if you are wanted to step into a growing business.
Key Responsibilities of the Management Accountant
To provide monthly financial and management information (actual and forecasts) to support the decision-making process. To maintain and develop robust processes and procedures that ensure accurate and timely accounting records are maintained to enable this management information to be produced to a high quality, and to be accurate, relevant and timely.
- All prepayments and accruals
- Creditor position is accurately maintained, and all suppliers are paid in accordance with agreed terms
- All debtor and creditor control accounts
- Fixed assets reconciliation
- Inventory position is accurately maintained, and monthly stock takes are completed.
- Monitor and control of Finance and Operating leases
- Through functional responsibility produce accurate and timely Management information including Management Accounts, KPI reports and information for the financial report.
- Produce accurate short term profit and cash flow forecasts and support the Finance Manager in the production of annual budgets, and year-end returns.
- Ensure actual spend against budget is tracked and reported to the Management Team. Ensuring all purchase orders are raised in accordance with Finance procedures.
- Ensure weekly validation and processing of agency timesheets.
- Weekly validation of permanent overtime hours and miscellaneous hours booked.
- Ensuring the monthly payroll data is processed according to Company policies and statutory requirements, and submitted to the bureau as per agreed timetable.
As the Management Account you will be/have:
- Minimum Part Qualified CIMA or equivalent
- Previous accounts experience in a manufacturing environment with strong accountancy skills.
- Ability to develop a good rapport with all levels of staff and ability to communicate, with credibility both internally and externally.
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal, with very strong interpersonal skills.
- An experienced PC user (specifically spreadsheets), technically strong in Finance and IT systems.
- Methodical and diligent approach to working.
- Be organised to be able to cope with multiple tasks and priorities in a fast moving automotive-type environment and self-motivated with the ability to work well under pressure.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Management Accountant position. Apply today via firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 0121 281 5000 to find out more.