Salary Up to £22,000 per annum
Location Hemel Hempstead
Consultant Kay Edle
Date posted 11 October 2018UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
Assistant Accountant, Hemel Hempstead, Permanent opportunity, Salary from from £22,000 plus study support per annum plus benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a property company in Hemel Hempstead. The role will report to the Company Accountant. The Assistant Accountant is responsible for maintaining the individual financial books and records and related financial matters. The salary will be around £22,000 plus study support.
- Assistance with preparation of monthly management accounts and reporting pack
- Ensuring the timely processing and recording of all daybooks and ledgers, including sales/purchase invoices, credits, vouchers, expenses and receipts
- Assisting with year-end accounts with supporting working papers
- Assisting with budget/forecast preparation and variance analysis
- Banking - managing account balances and co-ordinating payment
- Have sound book-keeping knowledge with a good understanding of accounting principles and legal/regulatory frameworks
- Have solid knowledge of double-entry.
- Have experience within an accountancy/financial environment
- Be client focused
- Be studying towards a professional qualification AAT/ACCA/CIMA/ACA
If you have the above experience and are interested then please apply now with your up to date CV or send it to Kay.Edle@Robertwalters.com or call me on 01727 617010
The role will primarily include preparation and finalisation of service charge and related company accounts for the clients and being assisted by the Accounts Team. The role is responsible for delivering and processing Accounts and related financial matters ensuring compliance with relevant industry and best practices.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate experience of:
General accounting knowledge
Ideally studying towards AAT/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent
Sound book-keeping experience knowledge with a good understanding of accounting principles
Naturally inquisitive with an ability to identify weaknesses and offer improvements to internal systems/processes (continuous improvement techniques)
Client focussed, flexible, organised, self-motivated, with ability to use own initiative and work to tight deadlines
Highly computer literate, including intermediate Microsoft Office skills
The company offer salary of £22,000 - £26,000, plus pension, free parking and other company specific benefits.
If you are interested in hearing more about this opportunity contact Kay Edle at Robert Walters Finance on 01727 617010 or email your up to date CV to email@example.com