Salary £18,000 - £20,000 per annum
Consultant James Owen
Date posted 03 October 2018 2018-10-032018-12-02 accountancy UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
Assistant Accountant role, ideal for a new graduate with some industry exposure to build a great career with a growing international organisation.
Robert Walters have recently partnered with a multinational organisation based in Salford who are looking for a talented Finance Graduate to join their team as an Assistant Accountant with fantastic progression prospects. Within this role you will gain valuable experience in all aspects of accounting including forecasting and both statutory and management accounts. Study support will also be provided following a successful probationary period.
Role & Responsibilities
- Managing payments and refunds with booking software
- Protecting and refunding deposits
- Raising invoices for customers
- Providing support to the operational teams, including but not limited to:
Outstanding debt information
- Producing timely month end reporting including
Balance Sheet reconciliations
Accruals and prepayments
Maintaining the Fixed Assets register
- Assisting the Commercial Finance Managers with ad hoc duties (analysis, cash flows, budgeting, etc.)
- Documenting processes and keeping up to date process notes on relevant activities.
- Collating information for year-end and the audit.
- Assisting with audit queries.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to deal with and prioritise multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Problem solving skills
- Adapting to change
- Computer literacy – Intermediate Excel as a minimum
- Good understanding of financial accounting and cash management, with some previous experience
If this sounds like a role that you would like hear more please reply directly to this advert with your latest CV or alternatively contact me directly at James.Owen@RobertWalters.com