Assistant Financial Accountant
Salary £26,000 - £31,000 per annum
Consultant James Owen
Date posted 26 September 2018 2018-09-262018-10-26 accountancy UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
A large multinational organisation is looking to recruit an interim Part Qualified Accountant to join its busy finance team in Wythenshawe.
A large multinational organisation is looking to recruit an interim Part Qualified Accountant to join its busy finance team. Based out of their Wythenshawe offices and reporting into the Finance Manager, you will be a highly motivated individual who is able to perform effectively under pressure, continuously working within tight deadlines. This is a challenging post which could allow you to gain valuable experience in the development of your career in finance. This is an ideal role for a CIMA / ACCA Part qualified Accountant who has a strong background in Financial Accounting.
The role is a for a period of 6-12 months with the possibility of extension.
As an Interim Part Qualified Accountant, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting with the preparation and process month end close entries and schedules for all entities
- Monthly variance analysis
- Quarterly internal audit procedures
- Monthly review and analysis of worldwide group ledger reconciliations and difference reports
- Assisting with the quarterly preparation of IFRS and UK GAAP compliant balance sheets to audit standard
- Quarterly submission of group reporting in Magnitude for several entities in line with group deadlines
- Assist with preparation of financial statements for trading entities
- Prepare audit deliverables and be a key contact for external and internal auditors
- Annually, provide data to the appointed corporation tax advisors to clear queries arising from the tax return process
- Prepare process documentation for all month end close procedures
- Perform audits of financial processes as directed by the Finance Manager
- Support the Finance Manager with other financial control and compliance projects
- Part Qualified ACCA / CIMA
- Be available and ready to commit to a fixed term contract
- Experience of working in a financial or management accounting environment.
- Some understanding on UK GAAP & IFRS
- High level of IT literacy and preferred experience of ORACLE, group reconciliation and reporting tools
- Good up to date working knowledge and experience of accounting principles.
- Previous experience of an account’s preparation role – including posting journals, preparing balance sheets and PL analysis
- Proven ability to work with a minimum of supervision
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly the ability to explain financial information to non-financial staff and have experience of report-writing for a variety of audiences.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please apply via this advert or contact James Owen directly at Robert Walters on email@example.com