Treasury & Balance Sheet Accountant
Salary £27,000 - £34,000 per annum
Consultant Matthew Simms
Date posted 11 September 2018 2018-09-112018-11-10 aerospace UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
Manchester Airport Group (MAG) has partnered with Robert Walters to recruit and Treasury and Balance Sheet Accountant to join our head office based in Manchester.
MAG is the country’s largest airport group, and we are growing. We own Manchester, Stansted and East Midlands Airports as well as sizeable operations in the USA. The Group also has a substantial property business, with over £640 million of investment property assets across its airports.
As part of our continued commitment to ensure that Manchester Airport remains one of the leading global airports and cements itself as the heart of the ‘Northern Powerhouse’, we are investing over £1bn in Manchester Airport extending terminal two and our airfield to increase passenger numbers and deliver a truly world class travel experience that will last well into the future.
With over 6,000 MAG employees, we are the largest UK owned airport operator, contributing over £7 billion to the economy and supporting over 130,000 jobs nationally.
The Treasury & Balance Sheet Accountant will support the Treasury and Balance Sheet Manager to ensure first class service is provided for the MAG Group ensuring accurate and timely completion and reviews of all treasury related activities including but not limited to; reconciliations of income and expenditure balance sheet and bank accounts and other ad-hoc treasury activities such as bank payments, VAT process and GL activities.
You will act as Gate Keeper of all balance sheet submissions, reviews and approvals for Group Finance, ensuring compliance in all areas of Treasury and balance sheet and supporting the manager in ensuring all team members are cross trained and procedures updated to enable best in class service levels, whilst providing subject matter expert support to the team.
Treasury & Balance Sheet Accountant key responsibilities:
- Daily review of FEBAN
- Inter account transfers
- Master Data confirmation
- Balance Sheet reconciliations and reviews
- Cashflow forecasting
- Intercompany Matrix
- Responsible for accurate and timely reviews of Treasury functions including reconciliations of income and expenditure.
- Gateway keepers of all balance sheet submissions, reviews and approvals
- Ensure compliance in all areas of Treasury and balance sheet
- Treasury and Balance Sheet subject matter expert and SAP champion for the team
- Assist in improving, standardising and automating the processes within the team
- Ensuring Balance Sheet reconciliations are accurate and to agreed timescales with issues reported to appropriate stakeholders
- Ensuring Bank reconciliations are accurate and to agreed timescales with issues reported to appropriate stakeholders
- Liaise with internal stakeholders identifying any issues
Treasury & Balance Sheet Accountant key requirements:
- Studying towards a finance qualification (CIMA, ACCA)
- Experience of SAP or similar ERP systems, intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- Essential 3 years’ experience working within a finance team with significant reconciliation experience
- Ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders at all levels.
- Customer Focused approach
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to organise and plan own workload with minimum supervision
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage priorities
- Deliver a consistently high level of accuracy
Join MAG and you’ll be joining a business that believes in its people enough to continually focus on promoting from within. Your career path will be well-defined, your imagination will be challenged, and we work hard to make sure you have everything you need to progress as far – and as fast – as you want.
Apply below, or please contact Matthew Simms on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0161 214 7400 for more information about the opportunity.