Salary £28,000 - £35,000 per annum
Consultant Stephane Mehmet
Date posted 04 September 2018 2018-09-042018-11-03 accountancy UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
An exciting opportunity for a Management Accountant has just become available at a reputable business within the tech industry based in Central London. Reporting to the Senior Management Accountant, this role offers an excellent opportunity for career progression.
The key responsibilties for the Management Accountant positon are:
Analysis and monitoring of project spends, communicating issues to the senior management accountant;
- Ownership of month end management accounting tasks for the IT overheads and support for other central overheads including production of reporting, accruals / prepayments, analysis and accounting entries;
- Production and analysis of regular reporting for areas of responsibility, including in-month flash reporting on performance;
- Analysis and communication of business performance to non-finance stakeholders and management team, including Directors for the business area;
- Supporting balance sheet and month end reconciliation reports and financial controls within business area;
- Assisting with the staff cost process to ensure accurate data input into the CODA system;
- Providing analysis of payroll data to Directors and Commercial Finance. Work with payroll to maintain control of the process;
- Liaising with the business on the PO process and AP on the invoice coding process;
- Supporting budget and forecast process for the business areas;
- Reporting risks and opps for business areas in-conjunction with the Commercial Finance team, specifically around overheads;
To be successful in this role you will be required to have/be:
- Excellent Excel skills including detailed analytical workings / experience
- Part-qualified accountant is desired but not essential
- Analytical skills to support business analysis of overheads and spend categories
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with other finance team members and business stakeholders
With experience of working in a similar role you will have worked with other departments and be able to build relationships both internally and externally as well as having excellent attention to detail.
This reputable business is well recognised in the tech industry and appreciates well organised, enthusiastic and motivated individuals.
If you are driven, determined and ready to take the next step in your career, this could be the role for you.
Apply today or call me to find out more.