Salary £28,000 - £31,000 per annum
Consultant Lucy Govan
Date posted 21 August 2018 2018-08-212018-10-20 accountancy UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
A brilliant Assistant Accountant position has recently arisen at a leading manufacturing business based in Manchester, after the role was newly created. Reporting directly in to the Finance Manager, you will be responsible for reporting on financial performance and providing information which will be integral to the budgeting and forecasting process.
As an Assistant Accountant, your responsibilities will include:
- Developing, preparing and distributing reporting – including reporting on key KPIs
- Monitoring, understanding and analysing performance and presenting the outcome in a coherent format
- Preparing the costings element of commercial quotations for new business
- Reviewing both Opex and Capex expenditure
- Supporting the preparation and reporting of the quarterly forecast and annual budget processes
- Reconciling all balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis
- Assisting with audit processes
- Providing ad-hoc analysis
As an Assistant Accountant, you will have/be:
- Part-qualified CIMA / ACCA / equivalent
- Ideally have 2 years of experience working in an FMCG finance environment
- Strong IT skills, including intermediate capability with MS Excel
- Ideally experience with a large ERP system (i.e. Oracle, SAP)
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate financial information to both finance and non-finance stakeholders
- Driven and self-motivated
With full study support provided, this is a fantastic opportunity for a part-qualified accountant to take the next step in their career.
For more information on this, or any other finance roles in Manchester, please contact Lucy Govan at Robert Walters PLC on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0161 240 7476.