Salary £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
Consultant Anderson Da Silva
Date posted 09 August 2018 2018-08-092018-10-08 education-and-training UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
The purpose of this role is to support and assist the Senior Management Accountant in providing management accounting and project services to the company. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to further develop their skills and be mentored by other accountants with years of experience.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Preparation of trial balance and monthly management accounts, including month end journals and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Liaising with key stakeholders during month end accounts preparation and provide variance reports and explanations accordingly.
- Development and preparation of budgets and forecasts in conjunction with budget holders.
- To support in the continuing implementation and improvement of current accounting processes and procedures.
- To support and train Managers and colleagues in applicable finance matters as required.
- Liaising with auditors and assisting with the annual audit process.
- To assist the senior management accountant with cash flow forecasting and management.
- Assist in preparation of financial information for finance committee and board meetings.
- Assist in the implementation of new processes, policies and procedures for the group.
Qualifications Skills and knowledge:
- Part qualified ACCA/CIMA.
- Good experience in producing management accounts and budgets.
- Strong IT skills, with advanced skills in Excel
- Experience in an accounting role, ideally in a medium sized, complex organisation.
- Able to develop and maintain effective working relationships, both internally and externally.
- Able to work under own initiative.
- The ability to consistently maintain a high level of accuracy.