Salary £25,000 - £32,000 per annum
Consultant Xavier Parisi
Date posted 08 August 2018 2018-08-082018-10-07 leisure-and-sport UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
A specialist national leisure and sport organisation, based in Barnoldswick, are looking to recruit an experienced cost accountant to join a growing team.
The Role and Responsibilities of the Cost Accountant position will include:
- Supporting the Finance Manager in delivering accurate financial forecasts for each of the departments within the group.
- To forecast monthly and full year operating expenditure in a timely manner explaining variations vs budget and forecast.
- To provide monthly reporting packs to budget holders indicating historical and projected variances against the latest forecast and also against original budget.
- Proactively work with budget holders at all management levels to accurately identify any risks and opportunities to current forecasts.
- To assist with the development and implementation of systems and models to allow better tracking of costs and easier financial reporting
- To help improve the understanding and forecasting of cash-flow outflows of the business through systems modelling to ensure the business is managing its liquidity as effectively as possible.
The ideal individual will be a confident and experienced cost accountant who is proven at working in a similar role. Good IT skills will be an added benefit.
This is an excellent opportunity to get on board with an award winning business, develop your skills further and work within a unique environment.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please apply online or contact Xavier Parisi at Robert Walters on firstname.lastname@example.org
Key tasks, responsibilities and accountabilities
Month End Cost Reporting
To assist the team with month end close and accruals requirements in line with Platinum Equity reporting.
To produce standard, clearly defined, monthly cost reports that are accepted by budget holders and provide necessary MI to budget holders to allow them to control their costs timely and effectively.
To be a point of contact for budget holders, regularly visiting UK sites and offices to maintain working relationship.
Hold regular face-to-face meetings to ensure all risks and opportunities are known and explored.
To assist with building of budgets and corporate budget packs each year and to be key point of contact in delivering accurate budgets within the required timescales.
To assess current and future budgets at all times when liaising with budget holders to ensure business growth is managed and targets achieved.
To work with budget holders to ensure costs are realistic and also phased accurately to ensure forecasts are as accurate as possible.
Hold regular meetings with the finance revenue team, marketing and commercial to ensure any cost variances are linked in with latest sales activity and planning to align revenue and costs in the business.
To work with budget holders to ensure capitalised salary forecasts are realistic and also phased accurately to ensure forecasts are as accurate as possible.
Hold regular meetings with the balance sheet reporting team to ensure that all operating expenses, related to forecasted capital projects, are captured and phased along with the project.
To identify and implement reporting and forecasting process improvements/automation to assist with monthly deadline achievement.
To assist budget holders with improving the models they use and rely on to improve strategic decision making.