Assistant Finance Business Partner / Management Accountant
Salary £28,000 - £32,000 per annum
Consultant Rebecca Butler
Date posted 31 July 2018Robert Walters United Kingdom
An exciting opportunity for an Assistant Finance Business / Assistant Management Accountant has arisen to join a hugely successful business based in the heart of Liverpool City Centre. This position is for a part qualified accountant and is to cover Maternity leave for approx. 12 months. The purpose of this role is to provide support to the Finance Business Partners within the business and as the assistant finance business partner you will assist with all aspects of the management accounts function of the business including, period end reporting, variance analysis and liaising with management on results.
As Finance Business Partner you will be expected to:
- Assist in the preparation of periodic, quarterly and annual management accounts and the supporting schedules and analysis
- Prepare accruals and prepayments
- Support the budgeting and forecast process taking ownership of relevant areas
- Analyse and review relevant Functional and Departmental reports and meet with managers to understand and challenge variances.
- Have full responsibility for certain areas of the business
- Understand the various revenue streams into the business
- Proactively review processes to improve effectiveness and ensure continued development
- Preparation of reports and KPI data for internal and external stakeholders on a regular and ad hoc basis
- Maintenance of the suite of Business Intelligence reports and the data that feeds them
- Develop skills and understanding to provide support and cover across other areas of the Finance team
- Assist in project work as appropriate
- Provide support with business cases as required
- Any other ad hoc tasks as requested by Senior Management
- Preparing and maintaining the management accounts for allocated areas of the business
- Producing periodic financial reporting and variance analysis.
- Meeting with business managers to understand and challenge budget variances.
- Budget preparation and quarterly forecasting for allocated areas of the business.
- Business partnering with the business to provide support when required.
- Provide financial support to relevant organisational projects.
- Supporting the Finance Business Partners
To apply for this role you must be:
- Immediately available or on a weeks notice
- Be willing to commit to a 12 month fixed term contract
- The ideal candidate should be part qualified accountant with at least 3 years relevant experience; or qualified by relevant experience and should possess advanced Microsoft excel skills
- Strong excel skills and VBA
- The candidate should also have excellent communication skills and have experience of reporting complex financial data to non-finance managers.
If you are interested in applying for this vacancy then please don't hesitate to apply.