Salary £27,000 - £32,000 per annum
Consultant Hannah Freeman
Date posted 31 July 2018 2018-07-312018-09-29 accountancy UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
An exciting opportunity for an experienced part qualified Management Accountant has just become available at a recognised global company based in Central Birmingham. This role offers an excellent opportunity for someone ready to make the next step in their career and future progression.
About the Management Accountant role
To assist in the delivery of day to day processes and preparation of monthly management accounts, including accruals, prepayments & intercompany adjustments you will become part of a cohesive and well-balanced team within management accounts. Ideal for any individual with motivation to learn and develop any existing skills.
- Liaising with various internal and external stakeholders to interpret activities that may impact the financial statements and ensure all is captured in financial reporting.
- Cash management – Production of bank compliance, cash forecasts, funding requests, remittance and return of cash to client and proactive monitoring of cash levels against forecast payments.
- Undertake balance sheet reconciliations including bank reconciliations, VAT returns, Accounts Payable and Accounts receivable reconciliations.
- Preparing budget and forecasts. Analysing variances and providing commentary and explanations on those variances.
- Deliver additional adhoc reports as required.
- Ensure accurate & timely database updates. E.g. regularly reviewing tenancy schedules.
With a background in management accounts you will be well used to working in a fast-paced environment
- Part qualified – ACCA or CIMA
- Experience in preparing accounts to PL and Balance Sheet stage.
- Highly PC literate including advanced knowledge of excel but with the enthusiasm to learn and further expand skills set.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to deal with high volumes of work and prioritise accordingly.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this role has great career progression opportunities waiting for the right person in this exciting Management Accountant job.
Apply today or call Robert McShane to find out more.