Salary £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
Consultant Stephane Mehmet
Date posted 18 July 2018 2018-07-182018-09-16 accountancy UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
An exciting opportunity for an Assistant Accountant has just become available at a reputable business within the engineering industry based in Central London. This role offers an excellent opportunity and career progression.
The primary focus is supporting the UKIMEA Finance team in its delivery of bid support and rate management. The role will be supplemented by supporting a Senior Finance staff member in the day to day management accounts functions.
The key responsibilities for the Assistant Accountant are:
- Maintenance of current UK rates frameworks
- Understanding cost to employ methodologies for clients
- Attendance of bid strategy meetings
- Preparation and review of rate cards for clients
Excel problem solving & analysis
- Data systems reconciliation
Formal documentation of current processes & systems
Answer queries and provide assistance to business stakeholders
- Prepare audit files and attend audits where necessary
- Ad hoc reporting as directed
- General support to the Sector Accountants within the UKMEA Finance team
- The successful candidate will report to a senior member of the UKMEA Finance team.
- They will build relationships with key staff in the UKMEA Region and be required to maintain effective working relationships with the staff in the UKIMEA and Global Finance teams.
- For certain activities, there will be close liaison with other Corporate Services groups such as Legal and Human Resources.
To be successful in this role you will be required to have/be:
- Part or newly qualified accountant (ACA; ACCA; CIMA)
- Intermediate level in Microsoft Office applications (Vlookups; Sumifs; Pivots)
Ability to troubleshoot formulae within excel - to investigate causes of erroneous cells within excel
Pays particular attention to detail
Strong client liaison skills
Highly effective written communication skills
Ability to communicate with people at all levels in both technical and non-technical environments
Ability to effectively manage multiple deadlines/priorities and maintain personal effectiveness
Proactive and analytical approach to their work
With experience of working in a similar role you will have worked with other departments and be able to build relationships both internally and externally as well as having excellent attention to detail.
This reputable business is well recognised in the engineering industry and appreciates well organised, enthusiastic and motivated individuals.
If you are driven, determined and ready to take the next step in your career, this could be the role for you.
Apply today or call me to find out more.