Salary £20,000 - £22,000 per annum + Study Support + Additional Benefits
Consultant Lucy Govan
Date posted 03 July 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
A fantastic Assistant Accountant position has recently arisen at a Manchester City Centre based company as the result of team expansion. Reporting in to the assistant management accountant, you will be supporting the management accounts team and will be responsible for the preparation, development and analysis of key financial information – particularly the monthly management accounts.
As an Assistant Accountant, you will be responsible for:
- Preparing monthly management accounts packs
- Preparing and posting accruals, prepayments and other month-end postings
- Preparing the balance sheet reconciliations
- Providing support to the management accountant to produce budgets and forecasts
- Participating in Business Partnering – namely explaining and interpreting financial data to non-financial stakeholders
- Assisting with preparation for audit
- Providing weekly reporting – consolidating group revenue and client performance to senior managements
- Ad hoc financial and commercial work analysis
As an Assistant Accountant, you will have/be:
- ACA / ACCA / CIMA part qualified or AAT fully qualified (or equivalent)
- A minimum on 12 months experience in finance-orientated role
- Excellent time management skills, and able to manage own workload
- A clear and confident communicator – both written and verbal
- Fantastic planning and organisational skills
- High energy and enthusiasm
- Computer literate – including intermediate MS Excel capability
Offering study support and fantastic exposure to management accounts, this position is an excellent role for people working in finance currently that are keen to transition into a career focussing on management accounts.
For more information on this, or any other finance-related roles in Manchester City Centre, please contact Lucy Govan at Robert Walters PLC on email@example.com or 0161 240 7476.