Treasury and Balance Sheet Associate
Salary £27,000 - £34,000 per annum
Consultant Matthew Simms
Date posted 25 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Manchester Airport Group (MAG) has partnered with Robert Walters to recruit a Treasury and Balance Sheet Associate to join our head office based in Manchester.
MAG is the country’s largest airport group, and we are growing. We own Manchester, Stansted and East Midlands Airports as well as sizeable operations in the USA. The Group also has a substantial property business, with over £640 million of investment property assets across its airports.
As part of our continued commitment to ensure that Manchester Airport remains one of the leading global airports and cements itself as the heart of the ‘Northern Powerhouse’, we are investing over £1bn in Manchester Airport extending terminal two and our airfield to increase passenger numbers and deliver a truly world class travel experience that will last well into the future.
With over 6,000 MAG employees, we are the largest UK owned airport operator, contributing over £7 billion to the economy and supporting over 130,000 jobs nationally.
The Treasury and Balance Sheet Associate will assist in service delivery of the Treasury function. The role is responsible for all treasury activities. The service will support internal and external stakeholders, meeting service levels and control requirements, whilst driving simplification, standardisation, automation and improvement of processes and outcomes.
Treasury & Balance Sheet Associate key responsibilities:
- Provide an excellent back office treasury (cash and bank) service to the business
- Ensure all CHAPS and BACS are made to strict deadlines.
- Ensure all bank account bank reconciliations are completed in a timely and accurate manner ensuring that any differences are investigated and promptly actioned.
- Effective relationship with the bank and the Corporate Finance Director.
- Assist in cashflow forecasting and management.
- Assist in the service delivery and KPI’s to the internal and external customers.
- Supporting VAT reconciliation processes
- Supporting ad-hoc treasury and banking projects
Treasury & Balance Sheet Associate key requirements:
- Preferably studying towards a finance or treasury qualification, but not essential.
- A team player with a “can do” attitude.
- Ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders at all levels.
- Relevant experience of working within a treasury or similar function at a similar level.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and to thrive under tight deadlines and high-pressure situations.
- Experience of SAP or similar ERP systems, intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
Join MAG and you’ll be joining a business that believes in its people enough to continually focus on promoting from within. Your career path will be well-defined, your imagination will be challenged, and we work hard to make sure you have everything you need to progress as far – and as fast – as you want.
Apply below, or please contact Matthew Simms on email@example.com or 0161 214 7400 for more information about the opportunity.