RTR Assistant Accountant
Salary £27,000 - £34,000 per annum
Consultant Matthew Simms
Date posted 25 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Manchester Airport Group (MAG) has partnered with Robert Walters to recruit an RTR Assistant Accountant to join our head office based in Manchester.
MAG is the country’s largest airport group, and we are growing. We own Manchester, Stansted and East Midlands Airports as well as sizeable operations in the USA. The Group also has a substantial property business, with over £640 million of investment property assets across its airports.
As part of our continued commitment to ensure that Manchester Airport remains one of the leading global airports and cements itself as the heart of the ‘Northern Powerhouse’, we are investing over £1bn in Manchester Airport extending terminal two and our airfield to increase passenger numbers and deliver a truly world class travel experience that will last well into the future.
With over 6,000 MAG employees, we are the largest UK owned airport operator, contributing over £7 billion to the economy and supporting over 130,000 jobs nationally.
The RTR Assistant Accountant is responsible for assisting in the preparation of management accounts for the divisions ensuring they are accurate, timely and available for management review. This will include engaging with budget holders to understand their business and to ensure that their financial performance is accurately reflected in the accounts. Role-holders will also develop key skills in being subject matter experts in accounting for key revenue or cost items across the Group as well as acting in support of a specific Division. The role holder will also support in maintaining a robust control environment and identifying opportunities for continuous improvement with the RTR team.
RTR Assistant Accountant key responsibilities:
- Assist in the month end close process, ensuring the ledgers are all closed to strict deadlines.
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the accounts, calculate and post relevant journals to ensure the accounts are reflective of underlying financial performance.
- Ensure all balance sheet reconciliations are completed accurately and in a timely manner, including review and sign off.
- Assist in the service delivery and KPIs to internal and external customers.
- Develop subject expertise by working with the business which allows RTR Finance to accurately reflect the nature of commercial and operating agreements in the accounts.
- Support the development of continuous improvement initiatives with the RTR Finance team
- Assist in improving, standardising and automating the processes within the team.
- Driving continual improvement within the business area responsible.
RTR Assistant Accountant key requirements:
- A part qualified accountant, studying towards professional qualification.
- An ambitious individual and team player with a “can do” attitude.
- Ability to actively engage business stakeholders and to respond to queries in a collaborative manner.
- Relevant experience of working within a GL function at a similar level.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and to thrive under tight deadlines and high-pressure situations.
- Experience of SAP or similar ERP systems, intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
Join MAG and you’ll be joining a business that believes in its people enough to continually focus on promoting from within. Your career path will be well-defined, your imagination will be challenged, and we work hard to make sure you have everything you need to progress as far – and as fast – as you want.
Apply below, or please contact Matthew Simms on email@example.com or 0161 214 7400 for more information about the opportunity.