Salary £20,000 - £25,000 per annum
Consultant Xavier Parisi
Date posted 21 March 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
A leading national logistics distribution and supply chain organisation, based in Wigan, are looking to recruit an experienced Accounts Assistant to join a growing team whilst working closely with the Assistant Accountant.
The Role and Responsibilities of the Accounts Assistant position will include:
- Calculation and posting of all monthly and month-end journals necessary, to fully and accurately account for our business activity on a timely basis (trunking, property, fixed assets, bonus, purchase orders, facilities, utilities, fleet, fuel cards, sub-contractors, depot overheads, etc); liaison with operational support staff to obtain/clarify details
- Timely and accurate production of the monthly management accounts, including variance to budget/forecast/comparative analysis
- Monthly reconciliation of every balance sheet account (including fixed assets, accruals, prepayments, etc), identifying all reconciling items and areas of potential concern; following up on those areas of concern
- Provide information to the FP&A Controller to aid the preparation of the weekly flash result
- Maintenance of a full set of monthly and month-end procedure notes, together with monthly and month-end checklists and continual updating thereof, as procedures change
- Designing, building, and delivering of financial controls to ensure the financial integrity of the business
- Liaise with external stakeholders of the business as and when necessary
- Ad hoc projects as required
The ideal individual will be a confident and experienced part qualified (ACCA, CIMA or ACA) Accounts Assistant, proven at working with high volumes in a fast paced environment. Good IT skills will be an added benefit.
This is an excellent opportunity to get on board with an award winning business, develop your skills further and work within a unique environment.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please apply online or contact Xavier Parisi at Robert Walters on email@example.com