Salary £22,000 - £32,000 per annum + Study Support
Consultant Gary Darlington
Date posted 02 March 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Leading global, multi-disciplined engineering and construction company are looking for a number of Assistant Accountants, to join their newly created Finance Centre in Warrington. The new Finance Shared Service Centre will support the business with functions including General Accounting, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, Master Data and Project Accounting. Totalling around 70 staff, it is being set up to ultimately create focused continuous improvements across the finance team, more efficient ways of working, and an opportunity to provide first class service to the wider business. The set-up is being supported by the very best technology, and a ground-up review of new ways of working, to both maximise efficiencies and add value to the bottom line.
Key responsibilities for the Assistant Accountant will include;
- Prepares and maintains accounting ledgers, management accounts, journals and associated supporting documents, schedules, and reports, and analyses as appropriate
- Maintains a complete, accurate and up to date fixed asset register and responsible for managing a physical asset verification process at least annually
- Reconciles Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss and Bank accounts as per the Balance Sheet Reconciliation process
- Performs allocated tasks for the month end process
- Raises Inter-company charges/invoices as required
- Prepares regular and ad-hoc allocation of costs to business units, functions or group companies
- Supports routine and special requests for reports or analysis for internal groups, external auditors, end of project/completion audits by customers, affiliated companies and regulatory agencies
- Applies appropriate financial control and governance by adhering to the group accounting manual, policies and control framework, to support successful external audit outcomes.
- Supports the group audit and compliance programme.
- Develops and sustains good working relationships with key stakeholders and colleagues.
- To provide analysis, data and explanations as requested for the statutory and regulatory financial reporting.
- Ensures compliance with accounting principles and standards and the SSC’s SLAs
- Recognises and communicate potential issues/risks
- Completes ad-hoc tasks as required.
Key skills preferred;
- AAT Qualified, of studying CIMA or ACCA with ambition to qualify
- Must have strong academic record and experience of working in Finance in a commercial business
- Strong communication skills, ability to liaise with non-finance stakeholders
- Good analytical skills
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to come into this new SSC and make the role their own, whilst also having a huge impact on the Centre from the beginning. The wider business is fully supportive of this move to a Shared Service Centre set up, and sees it as a vital part of the 10-year plan for the business. These opportunities are truly unique in the North-West market.
For more information on this exciting role please contact Gary Darlington on:
email@example.com or apply via the link below.