Salary £27,000 - £35,000 per annum
Consultant Laura Jackson
Date posted 23 February 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
I'm currently recruiting an Assistant Accountant position for a luxury retailer based within West London. Reporting to the Financial Controller, this role gives the opportunity to join an accounting team within the UK offices. The role involves being a key support to the Financial Controller to ensure the monthly accounting of the company is completed on time
- Preparation of regular bank reconciliations and monthly balance sheet reconciliations. Investigation of any difference within reconciliations prior to month end closing.
- Liaise with the accounts payable and receivables team to for any investigations on creditors and debtors’ reconciliations.
- Maintain fixed asset ledger and prepare Interco reconciliations.
- Assisting Financial Controller in preparing: payments to suppliers, inter-account transfers, year-end pack for statutory audit and tax, HMRC requirements (VAT returns), national statistics.
- Prepare for month end closing: journal posting, accruals, prepayments, depreciation run, intercompany balance statement.
- Assist the accounts payable and receivables team as and when the need arises
- Assist in ad hoc project work
- 5 to 10 years’ experience of which 5 in a similar position
- Minimum qualification: part-qualified ACCA, ACA or CIMA or qualified AAT.
- Experienced person, who can spot anomalies, and is equipped with the knowledge on how to correct them, with the understanding of the impact of these corrections on other parts of TB.
- Previous experience of SAP Business One software would be beneficial, with excellent understanding of Excel up to Pivot table standard
- Good communication skills (in person and in writing), autonomous, commercial awareness, pro-active, able to work with frequent and tight deadlines, committed to quality
- Good reconciliation skills, very good attention to detail
- Strong team player
- Ability to deal with high volume workloads, while ensuring that detail and accuracy is maintained
- Conscientious, with commitment and initiative to follow through and resolve difficult issues and problems quickly and accurately
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a dynamic office environment
- Experience within a well-run accounting office, preferably within luxury industry
- Able to deal with multi-currencies
- Good accounting knowledge (accounting procedures and processes, cost allocation principles)
If you are interested in applying for this position please click apply or email firstname.lastname@example.org