Consultant Alexandra Parr
Date posted 08 February 2017
A leading specialist service provider based in Blackburn are looking for a Stock Accountant to join their busy team for an exciting opportunity. As Stock Accountant you will be responsible for the financial management of all stock in conjunction with a small team.
- Ensuring that the financial postings resulting from all stock movements are accurately reflected in the ERP system and adhere to all internal controls and accounting policies
- Further developing the stock provisioning policy and ensuring that the provision calculations are accurate and fully supportable
- Building predictive models to identify potential stock issues as early as possible
- Manage vendor and customer related stock processes including streamlining the reporting suite
- Support the procurement team with the recovery of vendor deductions to meet working capital objectives.
- Building a positive and influential working relationships with the procurement team to help maximise returns and minimise stock holdings
- Preparation and/or review of stock balance sheet accounts, identifying and resolving any anomalies/risks/opportunities
- Supporting Internal and External Audit procedures as required
- Driving and supporting Continuous Improvement of processes in the team
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA part qualified
- Highly PC literate – particularly Excel
- Demonstrable experience of dealing with high volume, complex data to deliver insight, preferably within a stock related environment
- High attention to detail and an ability to review and complete work quickly and accurately
- Commercially focused in order to understand, support & respond to demands from the business for operational finance support
- Proactive and able to review business processes in order to effect & instigate plans for future improvement
- Highly motivated individual who will take ownership for issues and tackle them proactively with colleagues
- Technically minded with the ability learn complex problems and to provide progressive solutions where necessary
This is an excellent opportunity for a Stock Accountant to join a leading technology distribution and specialist service provider with excellent routes for progression and development.
If this is something you might be interested I'd love to here from you. Please email me with a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring me on 0161 214 7436.