Salary £24000 - £26000 per annum
Location Hammersmith and Fulham
Consultant Helen Stratis
Date posted 08 February 2017
As the Client Accountant for this Property company, you will be based in the London-Hammersmith office and ensure that all financial transactions within the portfolio of let and managed properties are handled effectively at every point of the tenancy life cycle. This means that all Landlords are paid accurately and within the time limits of their contractual terms, and that all deposits or over payment refunds are issued quickly. This is a great opportunity for you to advance in your career.
As the Client Accountant, you will provide support and administration to the internal office network and provide informed advice to clients regarding all financial queries.
You will be based in the London-Hammersmith office and be responsible for the following:
- Process financial transactions between tenant and landlord for the entire tenancy life cycle, to ensure compliance with each individual tenancy agreement
- In the event the beneficiary is overseas or has multiple UK bank accounts, input payments manually onto online banking system
- Compile all agency fee charges paid by clients and pay the funds from the client account to our account
- Releasing and repaying tenant deposits upon instruction from property and tenancy management departments
- Basic administration of the non-resident Landlord scheme. Explain the NRL scheme to any Landlord who is overseas for more than 6 months that their rent will be taxed at 20%, unless in receipt of approval from HMRC not to charge
- Process any repayment of overpaid tax to the landlord where it should not be paid over to HMRC.
- Ensure all statements produced by the Client Accounts department are prepared accurately and within the agreed deadlines:
- Prepare and manage the daily statements run
- Ensure supplier remittance advices have been sent by email or post every Friday
- Prepare income and expenditure reports for landlords on request
Requirements for the Client Accountant:
- Knowledge of the Lettings and Property Management industry
- Stydying towards ACCA/CIMA (or equivalent qualification)
- Familiar with client accounting software
If you are interested in this role, please click to apply or contact me directly.