Salary £35000 - £40000 per annum
Location North West London
Consultant Simon Townsend
Date posted 30 January 2017
A multinational Pharmaceuticals company based in North West London are looking for an Accountant to join their growing finance function. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team that encourages progression and development as well as international communications.
The Accountant will assist the Senior Management Accountant with the day to day running of the finance functions and the general accounting activities for EMEA shared services providing support to 8 international entities.
- Month End
- Scheduling of monthly closing activities
- Calculation of Accruals and Prepayments
- Journal entries to record monthly transactions
- Account reconciliation for balance sheet accounts (including foreign currency denominated accounts)
- Prepare the Income Statement for review before final close
- Preparation of monthly reporting package, including supplemental schedules for detail fixed assets, intangibles, and accounts receivable fluctuations
- Provide analysis and commentary for the management accounts
- Reporting performance against budget, forecast and prior year
- Prepare the monthly reporting pack
- Expense management
- Manage multi-currency cash flow
- Ensure currency is available for payments due
- Maintenance of Fixed Asset Register
- Oversee VAT returns and ensure timely tax instalments are made
- Posting daily transactions to the accounting system
- Assist with the year-end process, working with Group and the external audit and ta
- Liaise and coordinate between Accounts Payable and Receivable
- Inventory Management
- Assist Cost Accountant with calculation and reviewing of inventory provisions, E&O provisions etc.
The successful Accountant must:-
Be a Part-Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA or overseas equivalent)
- Have 2-3 years experience in a similar role, ideally in a manufacturing or product handling environment
- Have a strong knowledge of inventory management
- Be highly motivated and adaptable to changing priorities
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity then please contact me or click to apply.