Assistant Management Accountant
Salary study support
Consultant Christopher Lloyd
Date posted 25 October 2016
This international Manufacturing and FMCG business in Merseyside are looking for an experienced Assistant Management Accountant to join their growing team in an operationally focused role.
Working closely with a CIMA Qualified Operations Accountant, who is committed to developing you through your exams, your core duties will include:
- Month end management accounts for operational business units, including accruals / prepayments, journal posting & reconciliation of monthly revenue
- Preparation and analysis of monthly overhead reporting packs including commentary on any variances to budget
- Working with financial and non-financial teams to assist with the preparation of product costing
- Assist with CAPEX evaluation and submissions
- Assist in the development of KPIs to clearly explain cost drivers.
- Bridge operational KPIs and financial performance.
- Involvement in the Annual Budget Plan Process of
- Cost Centre budgeting / forecasting
- Production and external procurement volume budgets
- Margin reporting – actuals, forecast and budget
- Overhead reporting – actuals, forecast and budget
- Ad hoc commercial support (costings, value chains)
Key requirements of the assistant management accountant:
- Part Qualified Management Accountant (CIMA/ ACCA or equivalent)
- Actively studying towards qualifications
- Previous experience working as an Assistant Management Accountant
- Experience working in a Manufacturing or FMCG business
- Excellent Numerical & verbal reasoning skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with all levels of business
- Strong analytical, organisation and planning skills with ability to prioritise effectively
- Able to work on own initiative & problem solve
- Able to work to deadlines and in a pressurised environment
- Assertive but Teamwork oriented
- Willing to be involved in all operational aspects of the business
This is an excellent opportunity for any part-qualified Assistant Management Accountant who is looking for the opportunity to join a forward thinking and rapidly growing business with genuine opportunities for development and growth. Working in a commercially focused role liaising with non-finance teams this is excellent chance to develop your experience alongside your studies.
For more information, please apply today.