Location City of London
Consultant Jenny Redman
Date posted 18 October 2016
The investment management arm of a world leading insurer based in the City of London are expanding their accounting team and looking to employ a junior investment accountant. The organisation are progressive, encouraging professional growth and development. They are a high calibre organisation that prides themselves as forward thinkers within the Lloyds and general insurance markets.
Within this changing environment, there are great opportunities to be involved with transformation projects surrounding the investment structure. The role of an junior investment accountant will be to assist the Investment Accounting manager in the transition from the current structure to the new one.
As a Junior Investment Accountant you will:
- Prepare the investment accounting records for the UK Lloyds Syndicate including posting journals
- Assist with quarterly Lloyds reporting templates
- Produce investment information for the other group subsidiaries located in Switzerland, Bermuda, the Netherlands and Belgium in a centralised investment accounting team.
- Assist with annual statutory account investment note preparation
- Implement improvement and controls
- Support the investment accounting manager on investment transformation project in relation to system design, testing and liaising with external system consultants
Key requirements of a Junior Investment Accountant:
- 2:1 degree or higher in a finance related discipline
- Diligent and self motivated attitude
- A want to start a career within accounting in financial services
- Appreciation of controls and in identifying weaknesses
- Strong analytical skill set with a highly organisational attitude
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills and CODA is preferred
If you are an accounting/finance graduate or part qualified accountant looking to begin a career in accounting in the City of London, please do not hesitate to contact Jennifer Redman on 02075098395.