Salary £20000 - £25000 per annum
Consultant Christopher Lloyd
Date posted 23 September 2016
This rapidly growing SME Manufacturing business in Wigan are looking for an Assistant Accountant to join their team due to growth.
Working alongside a Qualified Accountant who is committed to developing you through your studies and your career, your core duties will develop over time to include:
- Prepare detailed management accounts focusing on accruals, prepayments, provisions and full balance sheet reconciliations
- To liaise with the Sales team to ensure sufficient accruals in relation to our customers funding agreements
- Maintenance of the general ledger, including working with the Purchase Ledger clerk to ensure correction cost allocations
- Preparation of VAT Returns
- Assist in the preparation of the annual department budget
- To report monthly against the departmental budgets
- Organise meetings with the budget holders to discuss their actual spend to budget and forecasting on future spending
- To access online banking screens and provide the wider team with information as required
- To work with the Purchase Ledger Clerk on UK payment runs
- To prepare online payments for second approval
- Short term cash flow planning, monitoring and reporting
- Prepare and maintain records, and submit reports as required by our license agreements
- Submit relevant sales data to external stakeholders
- To prepare ad hoc financial anlaysis and reports as requested by the wider business
- Previous experience working as an Assistant Accountant
- Ideally AAT Qualified/ studying towards a professional qualification (CIMA/ ACCA or equivalent)
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and willing to learn
- Committed to continuous improvement of internal processes
- Commercially minded
- IT literate and comfortable using excel to a good standard including VLOOKUP’s, Pivot Tables, SUMIFs etc.
- Sage 50 knowledge an advantage but not essential
- Knowledge of ERP systems would be an advantage
- Excellent analytical skills
This is an excellent opportunity for any Assistant Accountant who is committed to progressing their career in an exciting time of growth. Working in a newly created role that can be tailored to your studies, this role is prefectly fitted to anyone looking to become qualified quickly.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please contact me or click to apply.