Salary £25000 - £30000 per annum + study support
Consultant Christopher Lloyd
Date posted 20 September 2016
This large construction business in Salford are looking for an experienced Management Accountant to join their business in a role that offers study support and progression.
Working in a team of Qualified Management Accountants, you will join the business in a role that will offer a progressive and nurturing environment as you progress through your studies.
Within this role your core duties will include:
- Assist in the preparation of contract budgets and reports as required.
- Prepare accurate and up to date Management Information to the Finance and
- Commercial management team
- Ensure contract financial transactions are completed on time in accordance to contract terms and internal reporting deadlines.
- Prepare updated P&L / turnover forecasts for presentation
- Accountable for all monthly and weekly payroll entries in accordance with established deadlines.
- Timely preparation of accounts
- Sales and variance analysis reports
- Working closely with Governance team in maximising profit on the contracts
- Weekly cost & WIP analysis and
- Preparing weekly productivity reports
- Preparing weekly profit and loss reports
- Assist in all financial issues arising from external audit
- Undertake internal audits and assist in the implementation new financial procedures
- Adhoc reporting where necessary
- Ideally studying towards an accountancy qualification (CIMA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Previous experience working as a Management Accountant/ Assistant Management Accountant
- Good commercial awareness
- IT literate (strong excel skills)
- Managing deadlines and prioritising
- Ability to work under pressure
- Personally motivated
- Adept at solving problems
- Ability to organise and plan
- Focuses on the customer
This is an excellent opportunity for any Trainee Accountant/ Assistant Management Accountant who is currently working for a business that is failing to offer you progression and a genuine career plan as you progress with your studies.
Please click to apply.