Salary £18000 - £20000 per annum + Pension, Study Support
Consultant Kevin Tse
Date posted 16 September 2016
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Finance Assistant, within a growing investment company in the financial services sector, based in Birmingham.
The role will form part of the core finance team and include completing accurate financial reporting of the business as well as ensuring financial controls are maintained.
The responsibilities for the Finance Assistant include:
- Provide Support to Sales/Purchase Ledger clerk; invoice and payment processing, supplier/portfolio queries, employee expenses.
- Cash book management; posting cash book entries, bank reconciliation, intercompany banking transactions, corporate card expenditure.
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations; ownership of non-investment related accounting entries, completing month end processing, posting general ledger journals.
- Financial Reporting; assist in production of the monthly management accounts and cost centre reports, Shareholder Reporting. Preparation of Monthly capex, IT & Marketing analysis. Support the finance team in producing adhoc reports.
- Recording New Investments; loading terms onto the investment system, recording financial instruments and setting up income schedules.
To be considered for this Finance Assistant role you will need:
- AAT qualified or ACCA/CIMA Part Qualified
- Experience of working in a finance team
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to deal with strict deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills
It is desirable to have:
- Experience of using SAGE accounting software
- View to study ACCA/CIMA
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and excellent package, please contact Kevin from Robert Walters on 0121 260 2580 or Kevin.Tse@Robertwalters.com