Salary £Competitive + benefits
Consultant Gary Darlington
Date posted 16 September 2016
Kier Group plc is a leading property, residential, construction and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play.
Kier Group are creating one of the largest Finance Shared Service Centres in the North West, with an enviable central Manchester location and clear vision for collaborative success. As a result we are seeking an Assistant Accountant.
The Assistant Accountant is responsible for the execution of comprehensive general accounting and period closing activities. The Assistant Accountant is responsible for supporting the General Accounting team through the accurate and timely execution of transactional processing activities such as posting standard journals, general ledger reconciliations, running reports, and populating budget templates.
- Extraction of accounting data and reports to calculate, prepare and post mid-month and month end journals using detailed job aids and guidance/support from the Accountant and Finance Manager as necessary
- Ownership by delegation of all queries from Finance and other areas of the business, communicating directly with the requestor and timely resolution of such queries
- Maintain all required lists and registers to a high standard processing updates when required using detailed job aids and guidance/support from both the Accountant and Finance Manager
- Prepare P&L and BS control account reconciliations highlighting and investigating material variances prior to detailed review by the Accountant / Finance Manager
- Extraction of accounting data to prepare management reports (e.g. Flash reports, KPI, etc.) performing an initial review of the reports to verify the integrity and accuracy of the data presented prior to review
- Preparation of statutory technical areas with guidance from the Accountant
- Accurate/timely processing of adjustment journals and report changes following any review
- Weekly monitoring of capital project spend and ageing with responsibility for effective and timely communication with Finance and other areas of the business to resolve any overspend or project closure delays
- Review business budgets/forecasts for clerical accuracy and upload to the planning system
- Support the Accountant to provide specific project related activities at the BU level, such as posting journals for the preparation of acquisition completion accounts
You will have:
- 1+ years’ experience within a financial department
- Ideally have commenced study with a professional accounting body (e.g. CIMA, ACCA, ACA, CPA or AAT) - Degree-level education or equivalent
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and deliver high quality work to tight deadlines
- Basic knowledge of core financial systems and general accounting procedures
- Awareness of current regulations including IFRS / UK GAAP and Companies Acts an advantage
- Proficient in MS Office applications (particularly MS Excel)
- Good communication skills
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Able to organise own workload and reprioritise at short notice in order to meet deadlines.
- Able to break down processes into their constituent parts, identify problems and suggest solutions
About the company:
Kier Group employs over 24,000 people in our operations in the UK, the Caribbean, the Middle East and Hong Kong and operates across a range of sectors including defence, education, housing, industrials, power and utilities.
Not only do we provide a challenging environment for our people to exercise their skills, but we invest in their professional and personal development as well as creating a rewards and benefits package that demonstrates our loyalty to our team.
Apply below or to find out more about the Assistant Accountant please contact our retained agent Gary Darlington at Robert Walters plc on email@example.com or call +44 161 214 7400.
All third party applications will be forwarded to Robert Walters plc.