Process & Controls Accountant
Salary £40,000 - £46,000 per annum
Consultant Charlotte Walker
Date posted 16 May 20192019-05-16 2019-07-15 accountancy Manchester Greater Manchester Olympic House GB M90 1QX GBP 40000 46000 46000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
Process & Controls Accountant South Manchester Salary £40 - 46, 000 per annum + bonus + additional benefits Robert Walters are partnering a global brand in the search for a Process & Controls Accountant. This is an amazing opportunity suitable for an individual who's operationally focused, loves to work autonomously and that's keen to travel where the role requires. Travel will be UK wide and abroad to fit with business requirements.
Working within our clients Group Finance team, the role of the Process & Controls Accountant will cover all aspects of process, controls and investigation across the financial processes of the business.
The Process & Controls Accountant will have the opportunity to alternate from deep dive transactional reviews, documenting end to end processes, risk and controls reviews to working with a business area for a period to resolve operational issues.
To be considered for this opportunity you will have experience as follows:
To be successful in this role you will be CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualified, have strong accounting experience, previous exposure to an ERP system and possess good communication skills with the ability to communicate and work with stakeholders and staff at all levels of the organisation.
Skills required -
- Strong technical balance sheet experience.
- A working knowledge of ERP systems.
- Strong understanding of governance and controls.
- Ability to communicate and work with stakeholders and staff at all levels of the organisation.
- Excellent communication, (written and oral) attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
- Proactive mind set.
- Should be comfortable working in a team and independently.
- Strong organisational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills.
- Focus on delivering customer service and quality solutions.
- Ability to prioritise workload and work well under pressure to meet deadlines and manage business expectations.
- Comfortable engaging with stakeholders of all levels.
- Self-starter with a high level of self-motivation to drive activities to closure.
- Able to use MS Project, Visio and understand basic project management methodologies.
- Genuine interest in system automation, technology and business process improvement.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- The ability to identify, communicate and resolve/mitigate risks, issues and assumptions.
- Comfortable working under pressure to meet deadlines in rapidly changing environments.
Working as part of a team you will be responsible for:
- Review and documentation of processes and controls.
- Resolution and clearance of open / unreconciled transactions.
- ‘Deep dive’ transactions review of accounts and associated processes, identifying areas of weakness and risk.
- Redesign of processes to improve / address control weaknesses.
- Processing of adjusted and transactions within the ERP system in order to resolve issues identified.
- Risk & Controls reviews.
- Supporting operating finance team at times of high workload.
- Deal with confidential documentation with discretion.
- Provide General organisation and assistance for Finance engagement and team functions.
- Consider continuous improvement in everyday thinking.