Salary £35,000 - £45,000 per annum
Location St. AlbansFULL_TIME
Consultant George Grinsted
Date posted 22 March 20192019-03-22 2019-05-21 accountancy St. Albans Hertfordshire GB GBP 35000 45000 45000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
My client currently have an opportunity to join their established and well known firm as an Accounts Senior to work within their busy Accounting Solutions Department, which provides a wide range of services to clients, including accounts preparation, bookkeeping and the production of management accounts and information.
The main duties for this position will involve the preparation of VAT returns, statutory and management accounts along with working on the books and records for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies.
The ideal candidate will have relevant previous experience and will have completed their ACCA qualification or equivalent and will be self-motivated with good written and verbal communication skills.
- The preparation of statutory accounts, year-end accounts or rental accounts (as appropriate) for limited companies, sole traders and partnerships. To include completion of the accounts file, in accordance with Rayner Essex procedures and production of accounts on CCH Central Software for review by Managers
- The preparation of monthly or quarterly management accounts to provide clients with relevant information to their required specification
- The preparation and completion of client VAT returns of mixed complexity (some including partial exemptions) including liaising with the client to provide the required information, producing supporting schedules and completing the VAT return by the deadline
- Undertaking some book keeping on behalf of clients (in house or at client premises), including processing transactions from documents provided by the client and reconciling control accounts, including Bank, Sales ledger, Purchase ledger and VAT
- Ad-hoc arrangements, either in house or at a client’s premises covering any of the above areas, helping with client queries in relation to book keeping or accounts work. This may include providing clients with book keeping training.
- Reporting directly to the relevant manager of improvements which could be made to the client’s accounts function as noted when conducting and preparing accounts.
- Record time spent on each client’s affairs using the relevant computer software to submit weekly timesheets, ensuring that work is completed within budget
- Provide supervision and task support to more junior team members, sharing knowledge and providing guidance
- Attend and participate in team meetings and attend training such as seminars and CPD updates as necessary
Please apply today for a call back.