Consultant Christopher Lloyd
Date posted 15 March 2019 2019-03-152019-05-14 engineering Warrington Cheshire Risley GB WA3 6YN GBP 40000 50000 50000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
This fantastic US Owned business in Warrington are looking for an ambitious and technically strong Financial Accountant, looking for their first move out of practice.
Reporting to a supporting Financial Controller/ Finance Manager, your core duties will include;
- Financial Accountant will liaise with Shared Service Centre in ensuring the month end close has been undertaken in accordance with process and timetable
- Developing and maintaining processes with the SSC
- Production of financial statements for multiple international entities.
- Provide a link between Operations and Finance in all operational activity requiring a significant finance input
- Work with the tax department to ensure statutory and tax compliance is completed in line with local deadlines, avoiding penalties.
- Understanding and applying local accounting regulations, leading the local administration teams in ensuring correct reporting locally.
- Liaise with internal audit regarding their findings and alert internal audit where risks are such that a review should be planned.
- Guiding operations through the budgeting and monthly forecasting cycles, providing expert support to those utilising Hyperion Planning tools to maintain and report financial information.
- Identify new controls and maintain existing control documentation to ensure completeness and accuracy of financial information (close the books controls).
- Liaise with SSC at month end to ensure the accounts are closed with complete and accurate figures.
- Reflect accruals and provisions based on discussions with Operations.
- Conduct month end reporting analysis
- Ensure the integrity of accounting against the management results
- Qualified accountant, ideally ACA/ ACCA or equivalent
- Technical accounting background, ideally from a Practice/ Audit background
- Ability to work with globally distributed teams.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Operational understanding of ERP systems
- High intermediate or advanced spreadsheet use preferable.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking for their first Financial Accountant opportunity within an industry based setting. Working in a business that offers international scope with a generous benefits package, including flexible working opportunities, it's ideal for anyone wanting a mix of a technical reporting & strategic role.