Salary £35,000 - £45,000 per annum
Consultant Christopher Lloyd
Date posted 05 March 2019 2019-03-052019-05-04 manufacturing-and-production Liverpool Merseyside Huyton GB L36 6AD GBP 35000 45000 45000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
This household name business, gearing up for significant growth, are looking for an ambitious newly qualified Management Accountant to join the company in a newly created role with a huge amount of progression.
Reporting to a hugely impressive Finance Manager, committed to developing your post-qualified experience, your core duties will include;
- Preparing, reporting and reviewing all income statements and balance sheets
- Controlling spend, tracking changes and cost over-runs on manufacturing projects
- Understanding multiple risks and challenges to ensure accurate forward forecasts
- Producing accurate and insightful commentary on monthly performances
- Providing key financial support on new UK business opportunities
- Track revenue through the month, liaising with the business and to ensure all fully accrued and billed
- Prepare “Flash” result
- Prepare monthly management accounts comprising consolidated and company P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow – to a strict timetable and in an accurate manner.
- Prepare supporting schedules for monthly reporting pack including trends and graphs
- Support Finance Manager with presentations and Q&A at monthly senior management meetings
- Supervise Assistant Accountant and Accounts Assistant
- Ad hoc duties to support Financial Controller, as directed from time-to-time and business managers
Newly qualified Accountant/ Management accountant, qualified to either ACCA, ACA or CIMA level
Experience of business partnering and working across departments to deliver a positive change, ideally in a manufacturing / engineering environment
Enthusiastic, proactive and thorough approach to work, with good attention to detail
Ability to take ownership and responsibility of work, managing workload to meet deadlines
High standard of IT literacy, and excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel would be beneficial
Superb analytical skills, with strong commercial awareness and business acumen
This is an exciting opportunity for any Management Accountant looking for the opportunity to join a high-growth business during a time of exciting diversification & growth, in a role that offers a good balance between autonomy & support.