Finance Business Partner
Salary £30,000 - £40,000 per annum + car, bonus, pension
Consultant Christopher Lloyd
Date posted 26 February 2019 2019-02-262019-04-27 accountancy Warrington Cheshire GB GBP 30000 40000 40000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
This outstanding PLC business based in Warrington are looking for a commercially minded newly qualified accountant to join the business in a newly created position due to several acquisitions.
Reporting to a progressive & supportive manager, this is an outstanding opportunity for anyone looking to make their first post-qualification move into a business that offers a fast progression plan. Initially working as a Finance Business Partner, your core duties will include;
- Commercial analysis of the monthly management accounts, ensuring business partnering activity is provided to drive business performance.
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts
- Produce, interpret and analyse standard reports that accurately reflect a true and fair view of business performance, providing commentary and business solutions to problems.
- Identify and implement actions to address issues
- Attend monthly board meetings and monthly business performance reviews with executive board members.
- Preparation of monthly performance review packs
- Review and challenge the operational cost base and identify areas for efficiencies.
- Undertake month end reconciliations of balance sheet accounts and investigate differences.
- Take the lead in the budget/reforecast processes and attend reviews with executives
- To assist in the preparation for the half year and year end external audit
- Develop and embed the critical performance indicators that will demonstrate the business is on track to deliver against its objectives.
- Leading regular reviews to improve Customer service, performance and productivity.
- Work with senior managers, presenting the financial implications of strategic decisions, business opportunities and other matters that may arise from time to time.
- Ideally suited for a newly qualified/ Finalist level accountant
- A strong communicator with a proven track record or working with non-financial professionals
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to tailor communications to the appropriate audience
This is an excellent role for any aspiring Finance Business Partner looking for a role that can offer commercial exposure in a superb business going through fantastic growth.