Salary £40,000 - £44,500 per annumFULL_TIME
Consultant Christopher Lloyd
Date posted 16 October 2018 2018-10-162018-12-15 retail UK
This rapidly expanding finance function in Liverpool are looking for an experienced Financial Accountant/ Finance Manager to join the business in an all round accountancy role.
Reporting to an impressive manager, committed to your long-term development, your core duties will include;
- Responsible for preparation of the monthly management accounts and annual reporting requirements to set deadlines.
- Responsible for weekly forecast reporting, ensuring reporting is accurate and timely.
- Responsible for preparation of monthly IFRS reporting packs.
- Responsible for delivering financial data and analysis and reporting for the needs of the business.
- Identify areas within financial systems, reports, processes and controls that require improvement and optimisation.
- Support the commercial and finance team with financial reports, analyses and other requirements as they arise.
- Responsible for accuracy of overheads accruals and P&L accounts for multiple business units.
- Monthly payroll reporting and analysis.
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations to ensure the integrity and accuracy of the balance sheet.
- Responsible for the reconciliations of intercompany and intracompany accounts and confirmations.
- Responsible for analysing variances and providing appropriate commentary to support management information within the business.
- Ensure that all compliance and group policies are implemented and adhered with.
- Assist in the preparation of year-end IFRS packs, audit packs and assist with any statutory obligations.
- Responsible for preparation of annual overhead budgets and consolidation of the wider budget.
- Resolution of day to day queries from internal and external stakeholders.
- Managing a team of 2 transactional accounts assistants.
- Any other duties as may be required.
- Liaising with the internal and external auditors.
- Experienced Management Accountant or Financial Accountant ideally ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet reporting deadlines
- Strong communication skills, analytical skills and organisational skills
- They will be a good team player with the skills to manage, develop and implement new working practices and systems
- Ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders at all levels within the business
- Keen eye for detail and provide accurate information
- Works effectively – tackling immediate demands decisively, whilst retaining a broad awareness of emerging requirements. Demonstrates a good sense of priorities, structures workload effectively and delivers consistently good results
- Good IT skills (Excel (lookups, sumifs, pivot tables), Outlook, Word, Access)
With the finance team on the verge of a significant transformation, this is an exciting time to join the business, in a role that can offer long term development and progression in a business that invests heavily in it's people.