Hedge Trading Analyst
Salary £34000 - £55000 per annum
Consultant Saba Miyar
Date posted 01 February 2017
A Global investment bank with an immaculate reputation in London, is searching for a Hedge Trading Analyst who is preferably a qualified accountant to join their Hedge Accounting team on a permanent basis. Within this role, the Hedge Accounting team is responsible for working with Treasury to help minimise the effects of accounting asymmetry arising from the bank’s economic hedging of interest rate risk in the banking book.
You will also ensure that hedge accounting processes and financial reporting are in compliance with the relevant accounting and control standards.
Responsibilities will include:
- Involvement in running month end process in relation to Fair Value and Cash Flow hedges, including analysing hedge effectiveness results, posting the required journals, and performing reconciliation to attest the validity of balances in the ledger
- balance sheet and income statement related to hedge accounting review activity, including month end analytical review and preparing monthly, quarterly and annual disclosures
- assisting businesses with ad-hoc queries related to hedge accounting
- ensuring controls and processes reflect changes in business practices and are kept up to date
- assisting Structural Reform team in implementing improvements to the existing hedge accounting system
It would be preferable that you are a qualified finance professional (such as ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or an international equivalent.
Key skills required:
- Strong experience with or understanding of financial products and accounting under IFRS
- IAS39 knowledge is imperative
- Experience within Banking/Insurance is preferred
- Ability to problem solve and work through unfamiliar situations to propose sensible solutions
- Working knowledge of, or desire to learn about, hedge accounting under IFRS an advantage
The Company is a renowned banking institution with an extensive Global footprint within Investment. Our client is an equal opportunities employer. They work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential.
Apply today or email your CV to email@example.com to find out more.