Consultant Mike Browne
Date posted 19 September 2016
As one of the world’s leading luxury womenswear brands, ESCADA stands for modern elegance, cool glamour, and sensual femininity. The brand, provides a distinct sense of refined quality, workmanship, and excellent fit and is characterized by colour, print, and the love for detail. Today ESCADA has interpreted its brand values in a new, updated way: cool glamour, sensual femininity and modern elegance are the hallmarks of the ESCADA brand line.
ESCADA stands for fashion dressing women appropriately for every occasion. The brand offers a lifestyle concept filled with everything from must-have everyday items for business and leisure to red carpet occasions. The ESCADA woman is naturally drawn to the limelight and loves a feminine and glamorous yet fresh, modern style.
ESCADA have setup recently a pan-European shared service centre in Manchester.
The purpose of this position is to take full control and responsibility of the day to day management of stock accounting and financial control for the ESCADA group, ensuring accuracy of stock reporting through transparency, timeliness and regular analysis. An ability to lead process improvements, enhance reporting analytics and implement controls is essential. You should be a fantastic communicator with the ability to explain financials to all areas of the business.
Stock Accountant Responsibilities
- Ownership of the accounting process for inventory with particular reference to Balance Sheet and P&L reporting on stock levels, aging and cCost of sSales including variances.
- Minimise inventory write-offs to P&L by identifying key risks and raising these to management
- Improve current inventory reporting analytics to provide insights regarding inventory holding
- Effectively review, improve and streamline existing inventory processes and procedures
- Improve internal controls related to inventory
- Liaise with other departments to resolve issues directly affecting inventory
- Month end close activity, including preparation of journals, posting and reconciliation to GL
- Preparation of weekly inventory reports for management including calculation of stock provisioning
- Developing inventory analysis reports and analysing variances
- Guide, assist and analyse the group’s inventory counts
- Contact for Internal and External Audit teams regarding inventory
- A minimum of two years experience as an Inventory Accountant ideally in a retail business
- ACCA, ACA or CIMA (or overseas equivalent)
- Proficient user of SAP
- Strong analytical skills and experience manipulating large sets of data
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Disciplined and able to work under pressure to achieve deadlines
If you are looking for a new challenge in an organisation that offers great exposure to the entire business, this is the role for you. You will be involved in decision making, encouraged to provide financial input and contribute towards the companies shared objectives.
Apply below or to find out more about the Stock Accountant job at ESCADA please contact our retained agent Michael Browne at Robert Walters plc on firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 0161 240 7400.
All third party applications will be forwarded to Robert Walters plc.