Salary £38,000 - £42,000 per annum
Location Hemel HempsteadFULL_TIME
Consultant Cromwell Ibie
Date posted 18 July 2022northern-home-counties accountancy-finance/management-accountant 2022-07-18 2022-09-16 accountancy Hemel Hempstead Hertfordshire GB HP2 7DN GBP 38000 42000 42000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Robert Walters are delighted to partner with a business based in Hemel Hempstead looking for a Management Accountant with either a background of managing a small Accounts team or a background in preparing full sets of Management Accounts for multiple businesses. The role has opened up due to internal promotion, and the Line Manager is now looking for someone they can train and help develop to reach that next stage also. This is a permanent role and will be reporting into the Finance Manager and supporting a team of Management Accountants. You will be expected to have some exposure to Transactional Finance, Month End, and Management Accounting.
General duties for the Management Accountant will involve:
- Management of 3 Accounts Assistants, including:
- Their day to day management, including work allocation, review, and targeting.
- Coordinating their learning and development.
- Ensuring "job-descriptions" are in place (and maintained) which reflect current roles and business objectives.
- Ensuring effective staff appraisals are carried out in line with business requirements across the team, and handling of any related performance management matters.
- Delegating and planning as well as supporting on the recruitment for future candidates.
- Making continuous suggestions to help improve finance functionality and efficiency.
- Taking responsibility for the timely processing, maintenance, and recording of all daybooks and ledgers, including sales/purchase invoices, vouchers, expenses, and receipts.
- Ensuring the Accounts comply with relevant "external" Accounting Standards, the UK’s taxation authorities and other regulatory bodies or legislation as maybe relevant.
- To investigate, report any material variances between actual and budget/forecast.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and reporting.
- Preparation and assistance with working papers to support y/e audit.
- Assistance with Budget/Forecast preparation.
- Assistance with external regulatory audits and/or enquiries.
- Banking & Treasury.
- Responsibility for HMRC reporting (including: VAT, PAYE, Corporation Tax), filing and payment as maybe necessary.
- Internal/External: ensuring the integrity and timely delivery of reporting requirements is met, incorporating the potential need of users.
- Carry out ad hoc project / tasks as maybe required.
To be considered successful, the ideal candidate must:
- Have a proven background in finance with experience with either Managing Small Teams or Management Accounts.
- Have experience working for a group of companies.
- Be driven and hungry to succeed and complete their ACCA or CIMA qualification.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be self-dependent and take ownership of their role.
- Strong Excel skills.
This Management Accountant role is based in Hemel Hempstead and the salary is £38,000 - £42,000 plus company specific benefits
If you have are driven and hungry to succeed with strong Excel skills and feel ready to take the next step in your career please apply or contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary: £23,000 - £25,000 per annumLocation: WatfordDate posted: 03 August 2022Robert Walters are delighted to partner with a business based in Watford looking for a Finance Admin to join their team. The role has opened up following growth and the business has plans to have doubled their team by the end of this year. This is a permanent role and will be reporting into the Accounts Payable Manager. You will be expected to have an understanding of the AP ledger and contractor related invoices.
Salary: £44,000 - £49,000 per annum + Bonus & Hybrid WorkingLocation: WatfordDate posted: 14 July 2022Robert Walters are pleased to be supporting our client who are based near Watford on the recruitment of an Italian Accountant role. This role manages all of the accounting for the Italian subsidiary - management and financial accounting with hybrid working.
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 per annum + + BonusLocation: LutonDate posted: 14 July 2022A well-known established blue chip business based in Luton are looking to appoint a Financial Accountant.
Salary: £28,000 - £32,000 per annumLocation: High WycombeDate posted: 07 July 2022Robert Walters are delighted to partner with a client based in High Wycombe, now looking for a European language speaking Finance Assistant to join their team formed around the turn of the year. Business has continuously been picking up, and they are now at the stage of needing to add to their team. The business offers study support and are looking for someone keen to progress and develop their own skillset within the finance world. This role is permanent and will be reporting into the Finance Manager. The company has a fantastic team culture and is quickly growing. You will be expected to assist the Finance team with accounts payable, accounts receivable, and credit control, and accurately recording transactions.