Salary £50,000 - £60,000 per annum
Consultant Jonathan Kerr
Date posted 13 July 2022northern-west accountancy-finance/management-accountant 2022-07-13 2022-09-11 accountancy Manchester Greater Manchester GB GBP 50000 60000 60000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Robert Walters are excited to be in exclusive partnership with a global fin-tech business as they seek to appoint an ambitious, commercially astute Senior Accountant to join their impressive central Manchester offices with hybrid working. As the new Senior Accountant you will be responsible for delivering an accurate and timely monthly accounting close, supported by a set of bank and control account reconciliations along with building strong working relationships with the operational teams. This is a role which involves systems and process enhancements and regular project work reporting into a high calibre leadership team member.
- Month end processes and reporting, including delivering balance sheet substantiations to a high standard, reporting risks, resolving reconciling items and proposing improvements.
- Ensuring timely completion of audits, providing clear, well-structured information and improving standardisation and documentation of responses.
- Responsible for reconciling item root cause analysis, aged item investigation, resolution and stakeholder engagement, including Monthly Aged break reviews and link into financial reporting.
- Act as a point of contact for external auditors during year end.
- Daily/weekly/Monthly reconciliation sign off.
- Projects to improve the close, reconciliations and control processes.
- Projects to upgrade systems.
- Complex journal preparation to a high standard.
- Responsible for raising technical incidents where needed and following up to ensure resolution.
- First point of contact for queries and escalations from junior colleagues.
- Role model and support the team to resolve issues at source, building relationships with stakeholders across the organisation to resolve issues and improve processes.
- Improving reconciliations and reporting, using the data and functionality available through a powerful new reporting tool.
The successful individual:
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA).
- Excellent skills in communicating ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise and professional manner including presentations. Able to communicate with all levels of technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Strong organizational and stakeholder management skills, including the ability to recognize early when issues should be escalated, or a senior peer needs to be consulted.
- Experience of large-scale transaction processing.
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills, including ability to overcome major obstacles.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to design, document and implement process improvements, and to learn complex processes through experience and consultation with peers.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, especially Excel, and familiarity with other accounting and reconciliation software packages (e.g. Oracle).
- Experience in continuous process improvements and/or IT systems change.
As the new Senior Accountant you will join a hugely successful and forward thinking fin-tech business based out of impressive offices in the heart of Manchester city centre with flexible working. This company is known for an outgoing culture, internal opportunities, excellent benefits and a strong leadership team who will develop you both a personal and professional basis. For further information please contact Jonathan Kerr at Robert Walters.
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 per annumLocation: CheshireDate posted: 26 July 2022Robert Walters are excited to be representing a highly reputable technology organisation in Cheshire on a permanent, remote basis. Our client is looking for someone with strong technical accounts knowledge and strong analytical skills to assess and present financial information clearly. You will be responsible for assisting the business in implementing effective and efficient financial practices as well as being heavily involved in the day to day running of the organisation’s accounts. Our client is offering a high degree of flexibility in terms of remote working and with the business growing rapidly there is an abundance of internal opportunities for a solid career progression path.
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 per annumLocation: ManchesterDate posted: 20 June 2022Robert Walters are excited to be in exclusive partnership with a global fin-tech business as they seek to appoint an ambitious, commercially astute Senior Accountant to join their impressive central Manchester offices with hybrid working. As the new Senior Accountant you will be responsible for delivering an accurate and timely monthly accounting close, supported by a set of bank and control account reconciliations along with building strong working relationships with the operational teams. This is a role which involves systems and process enhancements and regular project work reporting into a high calibre leadership team member.
Salary: £50,000 - £55,000 per annum + Excellent benefitsLocation: City Of ManchesterDate posted: 09 August 2022Robert Walters are excited to be partnering with a leading services provider in Manchester. We are looking for a driven Financial Account to take ownership of the Company’s Fixed Asset activities and to join and lead an established finance team with the opportunity to make an impact on the business and its clients.
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 per annumLocation: City Of ManchesterDate posted: 08 August 2022I am excited to be partnering with a worldwide food services and facilities management company based in Manchester. As Finance Manager, you will also be providing expert financial advice to the operational management, facilitating the delivery of budget and other initiatives that will drive financial performance within the contract. Business partnering with the service leads and working with our client on an established, profitable contract generating over £12m of profitable revenues per annum.
Salary: £55,000 - £65,000 per annum + Fully remite roleLocation: City Of ManchesterDate posted: 08 August 2022Leading Marketing Organisation based in Manchester City Centre require a Head Of Billing to set up a new department ( working fully remotely from home)