Senior Management Accountant
Salary £60,000 - £70,000 per annum
Consultant Charlie Knights
Date posted 27 November 20192019-11-27 2019-12-27 property-and-housing London London GB SW11 8PE GBP 60000 70000 70000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Senior Management Accountant sought by property group based in Battersea for a 12 month fixed term contract. £60-70k, bonus scheme, additional benefits.
A Battersea based property development group are looking to bring on an Senior Management Accountant to bolster their finance team over a 12 month contract.
This listed property group builds quality homes and puts a huge emphasis on creating sustainable and beautiful communities. With large investments in public spaces and a commitment to help solve the housing shortage, they have built nearly 20,000 homes in the last 5 years.
This Senior Management Accountant role will sit in the management accountant team and report directly into the Financial Controller. This position will involve management of the junior members of the Management Accounts team.
The responsibillities will for this Senior Management Accountant role will include:
- Preparing the monthly management accounts, including profit and loss reports and balance sheet.
- Producing the monthly Board packs and System Review packs.
- Preparing weekly, bi-weekly and monthly reports – highlighting, investigating and reporting on variances.
- Undertaking other projects and analysis on an ad hoc basis.
- Preparing WIP, Debtors and Creditors reconciliations.
- Producing and review monthly project cost reconciliations.
- Key team contributor for the preparation of the annual budget.
- Assisting in Divisional and Group level reporting & queries.
- Preparing financial and regulatory information for internal and external audit purposes.
- Reviewing tax (VAT & CIS) reconciliations for appropriate accounts.
- Maintaining site debtors and credit control where necessary.
- Reviewing and posting journals.
- Reviewing bank reconciliations.
The suitable candidate for this Senior Management Accountant role will be/have:
- Strong experience working in a management accounts role, ideally for a property developer
- Experience of board level quality reporting
- Experience of cashflow management
- Understanding of finance processes
- Advanced Excel skills
- Proficient in use of accounting software, CODA preferred but not essential
- Must be a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent)
- An effective manager and mentor to junior staff
If you are interested in this role or know someone that might be please get in touch - firstname.lastname@example.org