Salary £35,000 - £38,000 per annum
Consultant Charlotte Walker
Date posted 25 November 20192019-11-25 2020-01-24 accountancy Manchester Greater Manchester Leftbank GB M3 3HF GBP 35000 38000 38000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Management Accountant | Fast Growing E-Commerce Business | Manchester City Centre A fantastic opportunity for a newly qualified Management Accountant - Robert Walters is exclusively partnering our client, a fast growing, dynamic, E-Commerce business in their search for a Management Accountant to join on a permanent contract. This role sits with a small close-knit finance team; reporting to the Head of Finance and working closely with multiple areas of the business, you'll gain exposure to my clients entrepreneurial, senior management team along with a wealth of commercial exposure.
You will play a key part in ensuring the accuracy of the management accounts and underlying financial transactions of the company.
This role will ideally suit someone who is looking to make a difference and join a business that is undergoing significant growth and investment in systems and processes.
Supported by a new ERP system, the business is undergoing a transformation to become more data centric and this role has the potential to contribute to this journey dependent on the individual’s skills and desire.
The successful candidate will have experience as follows:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified
- Demonstrable experience at a similar level
Retail / e-commerce industry would be advantageous
- Ability to work accurately and independently, manage your own time and workload and deliver information to tight timetables
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Ability to liaise with other departments & third parties
- Ability to work with and manage a small team
- Ability to work in a relaxed but successful and professional environment
- You will be able to effectively challenge and always looking to improve processes.
- Our client is seeking an individual that’s self-motivated with strong work ethic.
You will take a detailed approach to your work and have solid technical accounting skills. The Management Accountant will be involved with duties as follows:
Preparation and posting of prepayments/accruals
- Maintenance of the companies fixed asset register
- Preparation the monthly management accounts
- Sales and margin reconciliation to underlying records and analysis of trends
- Stock reconciliations & reporting
- Preparation of the monthly balance sheet reconciliations ensuring completion to a specific deadline
- Production of the quarterly VAT return, sales tax computations and EU VAT returns
- Provide any supporting documents and schedules required during the audit process
- Line management responsibility of one employee
- To oversee work done by other team members including reconciliations and journals
- Review payment run requests for correctness
- Continually review all supporting financial information to gain cost reduction opportunities or efficiency's.