Salary £35,000 - £38,500 per annum
Consultant Charlotte Walker
Date posted 27 June 20192019-06-27 2019-08-26 accountancy Stockport Greater Manchester Railway Road GB SK1 3SW GBP 35000 38500 38500 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Management Accountant Opportunity to join a FTSE 250 Company based in South Manchester Salary £35 - 38, 500 per annum + Benefits
Opportunity for a CIMA/ACCA Qualified Finance professional to join our clients Finance team providing dedicated management accounts for a business that is part of a FTSE 250 company.
Within this role you'd be responsible for providing financial and business support and see the reputation and revenues of our client’s business grow.
- A proven track record of producing all aspects of management accounts in detail from start to finish. Along with being qualified in CIMA or ACCA or, you will be Qualified by Experience
- Excellent analytical and numerical ability
- Good working knowledge of current accounting software systems such as Oracle and other bespoke systems
- Experience of working within a fast-paced business environment and ability to deal with large data volumes
- An ability to prioritise responsibilities under pressure and be self-motivated
- A good working knowledge of all accounting functions including purchase ledger, sales ledger, payroll, fixed assets, cash and banking, nominal ledger and stock.
The Management Accountant will be responsible for:
- Producing management accounts, reports and financial information for an operating company of our client’s business
- Analyse management accounts to budget/forecast and last year and provide commentaries
- Using your keen eye for detail to reconcile balance sheet accounts and investigating any variances when they occur
- Providing key support to the commercial team to make decisions which will require a degree of flexibility and a requirement for travel (adhoc)
- You will be a confident communicator for those moments when you need to explain complex issues to non-finance experts within the business
- Preparing the year-end and half-year reporting pack and assisting the Financial Controller with the production of statutory accounts
- Preparing the year-end tax pack, making sure you stick to all those Tax Department guidelines
- Assist with the continuous improvement and be proactive in identifying opportunities to improve processes and efficiencies at the Shared Service Centre and Operating Company.