Salary £35,000 - £45,000 per annum
Consultant Josh Gee
Date posted 04 June 20192019-06-04 2019-08-03 retail London London GB GBP 35000 45000 45000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Robert Walters have partnered up with a reputable and well-known luxury fashion retail company who are looking to hire a finalist level Management Accountant.
My client, a British luxury fashion retailer specialising in footwear was founded in the 1990’s and has since rapidly grown and now known to be one of the most desirable brands in the world. With over 1,300 people employed globally and revenues in excess of £400m, my client is looking to grow their London headquarters and hire an ambitious and enthusiastic PQ Management Accountant.
Reporting into a highly impressive Planning & Reporting manager, you will be working within a fast-paced and entrepreneurial retail environment. You will be tasked with reporting, forecasting, budgeting and controlling of specific costs for the business. Further duties include:
- Responsible for period end journals relating to head office costs and the distribution costs ensuring variances are understood with non-finance partners
- Production and review of the business’s management accounts for presentation
- Production of retail sales pack for distribution
- Responsible for rolling business forecasts for areas such as head office and distribution centres
- Ownership of analytical commentary
- Ad-hoc analysis supporting the business
- Coordinating with business partners ensuring that spending is proactively managed against budgets
The ideal candidate will be degree educated with exemplary academics who is at the final stages of their professional qualification (ACCA/CIMA). This bright individual will have 3-4 years’ experience working in a similar commercial facing role. Furthermore, you will be a self-starter, be confident and have the ability to challenge and improve the current processes. Lastly, if you have a background in the retail/ consumer industry, it will be highly beneficial.
On offer is a salary between £35,000