Salary £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
Consultant Charlotte Walker
Date posted 16 May 20192019-05-16 2019-07-15 accountancy Crewe Cheshire GB GBP 40000 45000 45000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
Management Accountant Crewe, Cheshire Salary £40 – 45, 000 per annum Opportunity for a Qualified Management Accountant to join a dynamic and acquisitive business within their Crewe headquarters. The Management Accountant will be responsible for preparing, developing and analysing key financial information to enable the company to make well informed decisions to ensure stability, growth and profitability.
- Fully qualified accountant (CIMA/ACA/ACCA)
- Thorough understanding of management information systems
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and able to successfully communicate with people at all levels
- Highly competent, with solid commercial acumen
- Used to working at pace without compromising quality or accuracy of work
- Strong organisational skills and used to dealing with multiple priorities
- Able to influence and challenge at a senior level
- An experienced people manager, able to challenge, motivate and develop a high performing finance team
- Excellent IT skills and proficient in finance reporting tools
Reporting in to our clients Financial Controller you will be responsible for duties as follows:
- To prepare the company’s financial statements including monthly management accounts, P&L variance analysis (margin detail & expenses) and balance sheet variance analysis.
- Support with budget preparation and cost management helping to ensure spending is kept in line with budget.
- Make recommendations on effective ways the Company can drive value and reduce costs.
- Produce weekly stock reports and monthly stock valuation, ensuring a full cost check is completed monthly.
- Produce the retro promotion spreadsheet and provide analysis and commentary of override and retro costs and income, and run all relevant reports.
- Check through year end override income and reconciliations with buyers.
- Ensure full licensed cost of sales reconciliation.
- Produce monthly marketing cost evaluation and full year forecasting.
- Prepare, check and complete payment of the monthly stat return and quarterly VAT return.
- Provide accurate information for and calculate quarterly commissions for the Recruitment and Acquisitions team.
- Review new client files for finance information ensuring all relevant data is requested and make recommendations to the business on the suitability of the file.
- Ensure company cash flow is closely monitored by downloading bank statements and monitoring bank balances daily.
- Ensure all reconciliations for Banking and month end debtors are completed.
- Participate in year-end audits ensuring all information provided is accurate.
- Complete tax pack analysis and check for audit.
- Provide line management to the team, ensuring they are motivated and developed to perform to the best of their capabilities.