Salary £36,000 - £40,000 per annum
Location North West EnglandFULL_TIME
Consultant Charlotte Walker
Date posted 09 May 20192019-05-13 2019-07-08 accountancy UK Robert Walters
ACCA/CIMA/ACA qualified Management Accountant Opportunity UK Wide Organisation based in Stockport Salary Package: £36 - 40, 000 per annum
Reporting to the Head of Finance this role requires a qualified accountant with experience of working in a management accounting role as well as a strong background in technical financial accounting.
The Finance Manager needs to manage a range of tasks in parallel, with a flexible and pragmatic approach and with a focus on delivery of high quality outputs within defined timelines. The role is a business partnering role and requires an accountant who is able to communicate financial principles to non-financial people in an effective manner.
The role will be a key member of a small finance team with some occasional need to travel to other sites within the UK for meetings.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA) with post qualification experience of working in a management accounting role within industry.
- Proactive, organised and capable of working in an independent manner and to strict deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to communicate with all levels of an organisation and to financial and non-financial staff.
- Ability to develop and adopt role to requirements of the organisation as the operation continues to grow.
- Respect of confidentiality.
- Strong IT skills to include a good knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Preparing Management accounts on monthly basis.
- Gathering and preparing information for the external, statutory audit of the annual financial statements and as and when internal audits take place.
- Preparing templates for the annual budget process and supporting Operational and Departmental staff in completing these.
- Preparing budget reports for review by senior management.
- Working with Operational and Departmental staff to produce regular forecasts of spend with explanations of variances to budget.
- Preparation and posting of accruals and prepayments.
- Maintain fixed asset register, including depreciation calculations, consideration of impairment and useful lives of assets.
- Preparing ad-hoc analysis reports on the performance of the business against budget and potential future developments.
- Collecting data to support key performance indicator reporting.
- Preparing cash flow forecasts.
- Preparing ad-hoc reports/summaries as required by senior management.
- Provide back-up to Head of Finance for periods of holiday cover.
- Identify opportunities to reduce costs and improve financial performance.
- Develop financial models to aid forecasts/budgets and development of longer term financial strategy and assist Project leaders/Department Managers with their forecasting.