Assistant Finance Manager
Salary £30,000 - £33,000 per annum
Consultant Lauren Freeman
Date posted 18 March 20192019-03-18 2019-05-17 building-and-construction Birmingham West Midlands GB GBP 30000 33000 33000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
I am currently recruiting for an Assistant Finance Manager, on a permanent basis within the Central Birmingham area for a leading business within their sector, the salary for this position is up to £33,000 per annum maximum depending on experience. Please note: It is essential that the ideal candidate is Qualified by Experience, ACA, CIMA, ACCA or QBE Salary: Up to £33,000 per annum
Essential Requirements of Assistant Finance Manager:
- Ideally qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA with experience working in a busy fast paced finance function
- Experience of working to tight deadlines
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving abilities
- Attention to detail skills to review and approve client reporting and reconciliations
- Ability to manage and prioritize accordingly, and deal with high volumes of work
- Accountability for all client and team work within their responsibility
- Good work ethic with an energetic approach
- Strong communication skills
- Good Microsoft Office/Excel skills
- Ability to delegate duties
- Ability to work as part of a team and contribute in a positive manner to the overall performance of the team
- Flexibility and commitment to completing the task in hand
- Enthusiasm to learn
- Autonomy and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Confidence to deal with all levels of seniority
Requirements of Assistant Finance Manager:
- As a Deputy, you would be expected to cover Finance Manager/Associate duties as and when required.
- Work closely with the Finance Manager/Associate on a day to day basis to ensure the section runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Help to plan and guide the work for the team through several system changes and help to re-structure the section accordingly in the longer term.
- Help to create a strong team, inspiring to perform well, increasing the overall performance to be able to meet any goals or objectives that the section may face in the future.
- To assist and when required lead the team to ensure delivery of all reporting and services to clients to agreed deadlines. To ensure that all reporting to clients are accurate, timely and robust.
- To consistently review and provide first level approval for defined client reporting within the section. Review monthly and quarterly month end reporting, supporting schedules and information and assisting with preparation where necessary.
- Cash management; provide first level approval for cash forecasts, funding requests, remittance and return of cash to client.
- Develop a full understanding of the QA, RICS and client procedures and processes adopted in the QA – training will be provided.
- To support the Finance Manager/Associate in delivering the PMA monthly targets, ensuring all internal and external KPI measurements and delivery deadlines are met, conforming to the RICS standard.
- Ensure all processes and procedures within the team are documented and updated regularly.
- Provide advice to all members of the team regarding best practice.
- Continual review of processes and systems and implement procedures and controls to improve efficiency and accuracy, ensuring QA is being adhered to.
- To attend finance meetings with clients as and when required to discuss client strategies.
- Liaising closely with other colleagues such as Surveyors and Directors in other departments and offices to achieve set goals.
- Deliver and delegate additional ad hoc work and reporting as and when required by the Client & surveyors.
- Liaising with various internal departments to interpret activities that may impact the financial statements and ensure captured in financial reporting.
- Complete One to One Monthly Meetings with members of the team reviewing their performance, productivity, objectives and personal development plans.
- Assist with Annual Appraisals for all members of the team.
- Identify development areas, and provide additional improvement plans and support to develop individual team members if required.
- Support team members that are continuing to study towards an Accountancy qualification. Assist in their support not only for their current roles, but also for their future.
The ideal candidate for this position will be personable, have a strong commercial acumen and advanced Excel skills.