Management Accountant FTC
Salary £50,000 - £65,000 per annum
Consultant Charlie Knights
Date posted 11 March 2019 2019-03-112019-04-07 accountancy London London GB EC4R 3TT GBP 50000 65000 65000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
This is a 6 month fixed term contract for a Management Accountant position at an international law firm based in Central London. The organisation is a forward thinking, with market leading practices in many of the worlds most dynamic sectors. This is a role for an experienced Management Accountant to join a strong and dynamic team and be part of a firm that has experienced significant growth in recent years.
The main responsibilities for this role will include:
- Own the monthly consolidated management accounts process.
- Ensure all accruals and prepayments are accurately recorded.
- Be part of implementing key financial and reporting processes where necessary.
- Allocation of overhead costs to business units.
- Intercompany reconciliations between all offices.
- Completion of quarterly VAT returns.
- Review the month end process and ensure it is completed accurately.
- Prepare monthly Management Packs including P&L’s, cash-flow and balance sheets.
- Produce key variance reports.
- Assist with year-end financial accounts.
- Develop working relationships with Business Managers and Lead Partners.
- Assist with Budget and Forecast preparation.
- Liaise with firm’s auditors and with other key functions of the firm when required.
The ideal candidate will have the and be experienced in:
- Must be suitably qualified with an accounting body being ACA, ACCA or CIMA.
- Will be personable and able to demonstrate strong relationship building skills.
- Will have strong written and oral communication skills, e.g. articulate when communicating to partners and key staff, and able to present financial results to the function and wider business.
- Will have a strong experience of working as a Management Accountant producing sets of Consolidated Management Accounts and monthly financial reporting.
- Experienced with Microsoft Office with particular emphasis on Excell. Will also have good exposure to IT finance systems
- Experienced with producing quarterly VAT returns.
- Good experience of process improvement leading to better practice.
- Can demonstrate strong relationship building skills
If you are interested in this role please get in contact.