Salary £35,000 - £45,000 per annum
Consultant Christopher Lloyd
Date posted 05 March 2019 2019-03-052019-05-04 accountancy Warrington Cheshire GB GBP 35000 45000 45000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
This fantastic, rapidly growing organisation in Warrington are looking for a commercially minded Management Accountant to join the business in an operationally focused role with ample progression opportunities.
Reporting to a supportive manager, committed to your long term development, your key responsibilities will include
- Prepare accurate, timely and user friendly financial and commercial information, including daily and weekly profit and loss reporting.
- Complete financial analysis and associated commentary to understand variances on a daily and weekly basis.
- Work with operational managers to identify risks and opportunities to improve financial results.
- A detailed understanding of the business performance drivers, including the impact of key performance indicators (KPIs) and a strong drive towards efficiency, service and improving performance for the business.
- Can work using their own initiative to complete tasks given strict daily/weekly/monthly timetable.
- Management and monitoring of accounting processes, preparation and implementation of new and reviewed procedures.
- Able to work in a very fast paced environment where speed and accuracy is key. As is the ability to be flexible and manage their time effectively.
- Prepare business Unit management accounting and reporting including completion and/or assistance in preparation of the monthly management accounts, annual budget and forecasts.
- Report on variances to senior management and Directors.
- Assist in enhancing the business unit internal financial controls and procedures and support effective implementation within the business unit team
- To liaise with other departments as required ensuring the reporting deadlines of the organisation are met
- Continuous review of process as intended to enhance in terms of accuracy and time lines
- Monitor the Aged Debt & Un-invoiced revenue to ensure that they are in line with the Business accepted levels.
- Ad-hoc support and analysis as required by the business
- Previous experience in a similar role Management Accountant role is essential
- Ability to read, analyse and interpret financial reports and spreadsheets; create financial models and scenarios and have experience of forecasting and KPI analysis
- Ideally a ACA/CIMA/ACCA Management Accountant
- The ideal candidate will be commercially minded and used to dealing with non-financial managers
- Strong communication skills will be required for you to ensure that you can influence people at various levels and departments.
This is an excellent opportunity for any newly qualified accountant, currently within a Management Accountant role, looking for the chance to join a business that offers genuine career progression and the chance to grow.