Salary £55,000 - £65,000 per annum
Location South East LondonFULL_TIME
Consultant James Dwyer
Date posted 14 February 2019 2019-02-142019-04-15 leisure-and-sport South East London London GB TN16 3BN GBP 55000 65000 65000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
A position has arisen for a Management Accountant at an Internationally known, high profile sports organisation. This role provides a unique opportunity for significant exposure to a dynamic Finance environment in an iconic sports business.
Outline of the role
▪ The Management Accountant will have a broad remit, from filming each event and producing the international TV feed to timing and the provision of a range of support services. In addition this, provides all the key technical support to the wider group including IT, digital media and logistical support.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
▪ The successful candidate will be heavily involved in the production of annual budgets and periodic forecasts.
▪ They will be expected to identify, investigate and explain variances to budget and forecast.
▪ A large part of the role is to, along with the other members of that team, act as the bridge between Finance and Operations ensuring that operational management is fully supported.
▪ A material aspect of that is the analysis and understanding of financial information along with the subsequent production of meaningful and informative management reporting.
▪ The role also includes an element of responsibility for ensuring compliance with established financial processes and procedures by the various functions within the technical division.
Experience and Skills Required
▪ A strong academic background is essential
▪ Recent experience of management reporting
▪ Experience of providing financial information to a non-financial audience
▪ Experience of delivering business information via reports and in-person
▪ Experience of month-end and year-end close procedures
▪ History of working to tight and demanding deadlines
▪ Experience of working in a management accountancy team or financial/management reporting team
▪ Report writing and delivery experience
OTHER ATTRIBUTES THAT WOULD BE HIGHLY BENEFICIAL
▪ Strong Microsoft Excel abilities and general data manipulation and analytical skills
▪ Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
▪ Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
▪ Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
▪ A strong team-player, able to meet targets both independently and as part of a group
▪ Able to interact and communicate effectively at all levels in an organisation
▪ Ability to support and build relationships across an organisation’s departments and with key-stakeholders
▪ The candidate should be highly numerate and literate with a strong degree of attention to detail