Salary £50,000 - £55,000 per annum
Consultant Isabel Evans
Date posted 21 September 2018UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
My client, a leading FTSE-listed property developer, are looking to recruit a Commercial Accountant to join their Central London office.
Reporting to the Commercial Finance Manager, the Commercial Accountant will take ownership for a portfolio of properties from a commercial finance perspective. You will be business partnering with the operations team, making strategic recommendations, running budgeting and forecasting processes, and generally being a key commercial finance support.
This is an incredible opportunity to join a FTSE listed business, in a genuinely commercial role, with the successful candidate enjoying plenty of opportunity to progress within this industry-leading business.
The ideal candidate will be recently qualified, bright, hard-working, commercially aware, with an interest in the real estate business.
Key responsibilities include:
- To support the Commercial Finance Manager to report on the Production Unit accurately
- To proactively contribute to project teams to aid the strategic direction of sites
- To ensure projects are completely and accurately forecast
- To provide accurate analysis of development options and provide commercial recommendations.
- To liaise with surveyors to ensure the correct forecast of build costs
- To review and control pre-development expenditure across projects
- To review and report on project marketing costs
- To provide project forecasts, and ensure financial deliverables are up to date and complete
- To ensure accurate recording of sales, providing analytics & feedback on pricing
- To review and control debtors, deposits and progress payments
- To post site specific journals and adjustments where required
- To forecast project cashflow as accurately as possible
- To review management information and monitor void position
- To complete ad-hoc Group information requests accurately and in line with deadlines
- To ensure accuracy of tax and VAT reporting for the production unit.
The ideal candidate will be:
- ACA qualified (or overseas equivalent)
- An interest/experience in real estate
- Strong Excel
- Able to demonstrate strong commercial acumen
- Confident communicator
To apply to this fantastic opportunity, please get in touch!