Consultant Christopher Lloyd
Date posted 04 September 2018 2018-09-042018-11-03 manufacturing-and-production UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
This international business based in Liverpool are looking for an experienced Group Accountant or Management Accountant to work in a commercially focused team with a growing reach & remit. In this role the successful Management Accountant must have not only strong technical skills but must also be able to grasp the intricacies of a complex business and provide insightful financial information that can add value throughout the organisation. This will mean involvement in all aspects of the company such as operations, commercials and finance in what is considered very much a business partnering role.
Reporting into an impressive Financial Controller, committed to developing your commercial & strategic skills, your core duties will include;
- Manage key relationships effectively, being trusted at all times, maintaining a healthy balance between support and challenge; be a go-to finance person for key stakeholders.
- Financial accounting and reporting from overseas subsidiaries – preparing and assisting with the provision of timely monthly financial statements, statutory accounts and management reporting on a local GAAP and as appropriate IFRS basis, according to group policies and timetables.
- Monthly reporting of overseas subsidiaries results which will include the review and challenge of management accounts, analysis and commentary on year to date movements and KPI reporting to support decision making. To achieve this it will be necessary to perform detailed balance sheet and income statement reconciliations and analysis.
- Monitoring overseas cash flow forecasts and capital expenditure according to agreed timetables.
- Providing technical accounting guidance to overseas subsidiaries as required and resolving any query issues to defined policies and procedures.
- Assisting in and own production of other ad-hoc decision-focused management reports such as the strategic management plans, capital expenditure plans, financial reports and other reports as required by local management and board of directors often to tight deadlines.
- Internal controls - ensuring that internal controls are robust to enable timely detection of fraud and errors, ensuring the integrity and timeliness of financial accounting information and in safeguarding the company assets. This will necessitate performing internal audits – full training is given.
- Processes and systems - assisting in the review and developing of existing systems, tools and processes to ensure; internal controls are effective and the integrity of financial information
- Preparation and co-ordination of project financial analysis and due assistance with commercial tenders.
- Ideally suited for a Finalist or newly Qualified (CIMA / ACA / ACCA or equivalent) Management Accountant
- Ability to work under pressure, ensuring compliance with deadlines, establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with department staff and non-finance staff
- Strong technical and analytical accounting skills
- Ability to comprehend and communicate financial data in a relevant and concise way both orally and in the development of written documents, reports and financial information
- Strong organisation skills with the ability to plan, manage and prioritise workload to ensure all key deadlines are met
- Motivated with a thirst for learning and have experience of working in a high pressure dynamic environment
- Strong excel skills
This role is perfect for any Management Accountant looking for a role that will allow them to perform a variety of accounting and finance related tasks, including being the main contact for the co-ordination of activities with several overseas companies.